bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Electronics and the transmission. Seams like two things that average buyers struggle with. With these modern cars.:shrug: But yes visibility still sucks.

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
take it from me.....

the visibility is terrible, if you have a higher featured camaro it does have blind spot indicator tho..

camaro major downfalls imo:
the bad: the rear end groans when it's cold & ur turning. tried flushing fluid/friction adder and it still groans..

the bad: torque converter shudders very bad on 4-5 upshift. will be installing a circle D rather than another oem junker.

the good: blows the doors off A10 mustang gt's from 20 roll, no big deal.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Yeah the visibility thing is no shocker at all. I don't think they're very comfortable either. Last time I test drove one (couple of years ago) I felt like my hips took a beating.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
take it from me.....

the visibility is terrible, if you have a higher featured camaro it does have blind spot indicator tho..

camaro major downfalls imo:
the bad: the rear end groans when it's cold & ur turning. tried flushing fluid/friction adder and it still groans..

the bad: torque converter shudders very bad on 4-5 upshift. will be installing a circle D rather than another oem junker.

the good: blows the doors off A10 mustang gt's from 20 roll, no big deal.
Does the new camaro ss have transmission fluid temp indicator just like the gen 5 had? My old ss had one and had to wait for the trans fluid temp to warm up so that I could actually use the second gear in cold days. Mustang also has the same problem but no indicator for the trans fluid temps. I also suffered from fourth gear lock outs on the mustang on high rpm aggressive driving, but a trans fluid swap ( BG Synco Shift II), after market shifter and tranny mount minimized the problem.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Just read an article from Consumer Reports that the Camero is rated one of the top 10 worst cars for reliability. Also rated and one of the worst cars for visibility(no surprise!)
Do you mean the Camaro?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Do you mean the Camaro?
I think he did that on purpose. Personally, it's one of my favorite ridiculous misspellings to see anywhere and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling. I bet it pisses the Camero owners off to see it as well.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I personally know three people with 6th Gen Camaro's who have had to have their rear ends replaced, under warranty, due to the groan issue..

In general it seems the Gen 6 has more problems than the 5th Gen did

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
It's pretty common seeing GM always mentioned in bad vehicle ratings. GM always talks about Initial Quality awards. That's about all they get because a couple months after buying a GM, consumers realize what a hunk of shit they own.

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
To be fair- in a world where most cars are pretty damn good across the board- someone and something has the be ranked top and bottom. And journos have to sell stories.

I mean really- I’ve driven the camaro (new 4cyl turbo) as a rental. Visibility isn’t great but it didn’t cause me any issues, and I didn’t walk away thinking it was a problem.

All car companies has its flaws. I’ve owned many brands - from supposed high end Mercedes to many fords, dodge, Toyota’s, etc... no car company is immune from poor design and bad decisions. But many most are pretty good comparatively in today’s world from the past.

I’ve seen directly the time and energy GM and Ford puts into design and testing. I hate to see anyone automatically convicted for some flaws on a mass produced item. If ALL of the type are bad that’s one thing- a few poor examples come out of the molds. And Ford has had their share of issues as well.

Although I will say- GM has had groaning and shake shimmy issues in a bunch of models. My Hummer has a lot of miles with no issues to date. At 110k I replaced the transmission, and that’s it. 130k and going strong.

I mean- ask VW and Hyundai how they did with lying about EPA tests. Or Toyota about throttle/braking issues across the board. Now those are design flaws!

/end voice of reason

Now the childish part of me says- good! I like my Mustang better anyway and would never buy a camaro at all. :-)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have experienced Chevy crap in my work trucks over the past 20 years, from Astro vans that constantly have breaking handles to the crap equinox I have to drive now. Rented a Camaro couple years back on a vacation and it sucked, super cramped, no trunk space, and could never see whats happening around me. I would never own one!
Sponsored