Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They need to install miniature versions of aircraft carrier crash nets at intersections like that. They would pop up automatically when the light turned red. More humane than pop up steel walls.
Tire spike strips that pop up out of the road would be cool too. :D
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They need to install miniature versions of aircraft carrier crash nets at intersections like that. They would pop up automatically when the light turned red. More humane than pop up steel walls.
Videos like this are why I completely support traffic light cameras that are used for ticketing. In this video it's just a nuisance, but running a light coming off higher speed roads people can easily get T boned and hurt or killed.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Videos like this are why I completely support traffic light cameras that are used for ticketing. In this video it's just a nuisance, but running a light coming off higher speed roads people can easily get T boned and hurt or killed.
They've got a $100 a ticket red light camera at this intersection. I don't know why people run it since there's signs everywhere that warn you about it.

Sugar Land does have unusually long light cycles though. These left turn lights are a minimum of two minutes and can be up to five if a train runs by. My all time red light record is on one of these where we sat for 12 minutes waiting for a train to clear. It had stopped and needed to reverse. The whole town is a clusterfck because of this train track.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Here is my January video comp. A few close calls and a few just idiot, aka Atlanta, drivers.

At least twice a week I am reminded of the desire to create a separate youtube channel showcasing the supreme idiocy of the SE FL driver.

Have I, a New York driver, been around everywhere? Nope, but certainly more than a few places coast to coast and FL drivers (specifically SE FL) have demonstrated themselves to be some of the stupidest fewking human beings on the road.

_

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
What's everyones thoughts for decent dash cam? I was looking at a Rexing for about 100 bucks. anything else better in that general range? I'd like parking monitor option but not mandatory.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone have footage of other people being idiots on the road? Here's two of mine, within one week of each other.

Oh and a warning, bad language included, so make sure there's no kids around.

First was "meh" and a bit of RR on your part afterwards. Let it go.

Second was someone not paying attention to your lane and was on them, but again, not horrible.

To all that, try riding a motorcycle; that's when the really bad drivers show up.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
What's everyones thoughts for decent dash cam? I was looking at a Rexing for about 100 bucks. anything else better in that general range? I'd like parking monitor option but not mandatory.
See post #7 in this thread. There are a couple links that may help you decide.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Another wrong way driver. I post this because the protocol in this situation is to put your hazards on, stop and allow the hazard to clear the intersection not blow by like your trying to make a point.

[ame]

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Curious if it's easy to go the wrong way on this stretch of road.... you know, for a normal person with eye sight and a functioning brain stem.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Curious if it's easy to go the wrong way on this stretch of road.... you know, for a normal person with eye sight and a functioning brain stem.
Houston is notorious for poor signage and inconsistent traffic routing. Not only that this is the med-center which is like our third downtown. Lots of people from the suburbs will come into the area for treatments or appointments. That''s why I try to be patient and not hassle them, they're usually lost, don't know where to go, and probably stressed about whatever they're meeting about.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Not my Mustang (behold the silence of the electric car), but two in one on the way to lunch at work on Friday...