Sponsored

Lowering & Rear pinion seal

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Just curious if anybody has had issues with the rear pinion seal starting to leak or anything after lowering your car.

My previous mustang had developed a leak from wear on the pinion seal after lowering it. Not sure if that's an issue with the S550's or not.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anybody has had issues with the rear pinion seal starting to leak or anything after lowering your car.

My previous mustang had developed a leak from wear on the pinion seal after lowering it. Not sure if that's an issue with the S550's or not.
The beauty of IRS. Not an issue as lowering doesn't change the driveline angle. It does change the halfshaft angle, though.

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
The beauty of IRS. Not an issue as lowering doesn't change the driveline angle. It does change the halfshaft angle, though.
That's good to hear, actually. Thanks! I'm assuming the halfshaft angle being off won't have any long term negative effects?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That's good to hear, actually. Thanks! I'm assuming the halfshaft angle being off won't have any long term negative effects?
Slightly off is okay as long as they are not at an extreme angle.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you're not lowering over 1", I would not expect them to fail earlier, unless you're at significantly elevated power levels. Stick to 0.5" or less of lowering and you're good for sure.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=28465]ghst[/MENTION]

Did your pinion seal start leaking?
Sponsored