Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Not really a mod but I received my custom plates today. Anyone know where the number is from (without googling it)?

View attachment 284397
Sponsored

Last edited:

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Cruising around

Installed new exhaust hangers as the original ones had worn out enough that there was an annoying vibration. Also took the car for a spin around Carson City NV...and took these photos coming back.
IMG_1354.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Installed new exhaust hangers as the original ones had worn out enough that there was an annoying vibration. Also took the car for a spin around Carson City NV...and took these photos coming back.
Did you install OEM again, or is there an aftermarket fix so they don’t wear out again?

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Rear passenger side clunk noise came back (first happened since mid-December). It was a great 2 days while it lasted. Now have to pull off the wheel again and re-re-check the torque settings in that whole area. Stuff like this really pisses me off and takes the enjoyment of driving out of it because its all I hear/focus on.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
^^ how do u like it [MENTION=24658]Gman[/MENTION]?
I have a flex tune but didnt get a chance to go to a e85 gas station yet

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Did you install OEM again, or is there an aftermarket fix so they don’t wear out again?
Bought new OEM and installed. To my knowledge, there is no aftermarket solution to this problem at the moment.

The definitive way to solve the problem is to have an exhaust shop weld J-hooks to the car.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I made a cover for the GT350 CAI in my 2016 GT.

I did this in an attempt to lower Intake Air Temps when driving at low speeds or at idle. When driving my car at or near highway speed, the IAT hovers about 5-7 degrees above ambient temps. But when idling, the IAT soars!!

I wanted to seal the air box somewhat, but I also like the look of the open element air box. We'll see if this does the trick without restricting airflow??

I bought a sheet of clear Lexan/Plexi-Glass at Home Depot. Then I made a cardboard template and did several trial fittings before finalising the shape of the template. Then I cut the plex-glass with my Dremel tool and a fiber cutoff wheel, and then peeled the protective cover off the plexi-glass.

The GT350 CAI air box has a rubber seal (as you can see) that accepts the plex-glass cover nicely, thus there is no need for any other way of securing the clear cover to the air box.

20180508_181641.jpg
[MENTION=32778]VooDooDaddy[/MENTION] how is this holding up after a couple weeks? I'm thinking about doing something similar for my Roush CAI because the IATs seem pretty high if I'm not going WOT or at higher speeds on the highway. 40-50 degrees above ambient today.

And [MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] here is someone that did Plexiglass to cover it, I know you were looking for it in some thread I ran across.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
[MENTION=32778]VooDooDaddy[/MENTION] how is this holding up after a couple weeks? I'm thinking about doing something similar for my Roush CAI because the IATs seem pretty high if I'm not going WOT or at higher speeds on the highway. 40-50 degrees above ambient today.

And [MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] here is someone that did Plexiglass to cover it, I know you were looking for it in some thread I ran across.
The plexi-glass cover works a treat. My cruise IAT remain about 6 degrees above ambient, and have reduced the idle IAT by more than 20 degrees from what they were before.

The plexi-glass does not seal the "airbox" completely and is still allowing hot air from the engine compartment into the intake air stream at idle, but say on a 60 degree day I was seeing 100 degree IAT at idle, and now that that temp signal has been cut in half.

It was an effective and cheap mod.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
^^ how do u like it [MENTION=24658]Gman[/MENTION]?
I have a flex tune but didnt get a chance to go to a e85 gas station yet
[MENTION=23703]JuRuKi[/MENTION]
So far feels stronger. I still have to do a datalog send it back for a review. I also literally ran my gas down to a empty tank way pass 0 miles. Because it took 16 gallons to fill it up. I did sit there for about 5 minutes couple High revs then I drove it normal for the next 20 minutes. Then I did a couple of WOT, to make sure air/fuel was good.

This morning then car felt better and then air/fuel was closer to where it should be.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have driven my Mustang to work every day since getting except for once. I have 2700 on it already but I don't care because beginning July my commute goes from 100 miles a day to 0.6 miles a day. Then I will be struggling to even put miles on it.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I have driven my Mustang to work every day since getting except for once. I have 2700 on it already but I don't care because beginning July my commute goes from 100 miles a day to 0.6 miles a day. Then I will be struggling to even put miles on it.
I work from home. The struggle is real!

Also, I just installed by DIB White Madness Garage shifter replacement in my auto.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KzoVkxL

Sponsored