Back in the Ford Family!!

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats on the purchase. Where did you get the resonators cut off at? I’m thinking about doing this.
Most of us get it cut off on both sides of the baffled area and MIG weld SS in it's place.
Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Most of us get it cut off on both sides of the baffled area and MIG weld SS in it's place.
I guess I should of been clearer on what I was asking.... I should have said what shop did you get the resonators cut off at.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I guess I should of been clearer on what I was asking.... I should have said what shop did you get the resonators cut off at.
NP. I should of thought of that. I went to a Midas that had stainless steel on hand. I paid 80 bucks.

OP
OP
syzygy

syzygy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys! :headbang:

Congrats, she looks great. I think Shelby's stable mate may find herself being left behind on track days more than expected. The howl of the flat six is great but perform a resonator delete on the Shelby and your grin will get ever wider.
Yep, I bought the shiftek x-pipe and had it installed already!
I'm looking forward to the comparison. I have an AIM Solo DL that I'll use to compare lap times. Plan to take both cars to the next track day I attend. :thumbsup:

Nice car. You bought it the right way and got to do so with your brother. Very cool.

Why is it called "triple" yellow? Usually, that means the exterior, interior and the rag top are that color (same color in 3 places).

What does it mean in this case? Sorry for my ignorance. :cheers:
I too was confused by this nomenclature. Looks like another member cleared it up... it's a tri coat.

Great choice in cars. Please post your impressions comparing the two on the track when you get a chance.
Definitely will! My Cayman has some weight reduction going on though, its about 2800 lbs as it sits now.

Nice choice!

We've got a lot of tracks in the valley, hope to see you out there.
I've been to several with the PCA and ProAutoSports but have primarily taken my Cayman so far. Looking forward to bringing the GT350.
Here's a quick video of one of my recent track days this year.

[ame]

Congrats on the purchase. Where did you get the resonators cut off at? I’m thinking about doing this.
I bought the Shiftek x-pipe and had Performance Muffler install it (welded it on). Took 'em around 30-45 mins of their time. Cost was $60. They said they could weld in straight pipes and cut out the resonators for $120 if I didn't already have an x-pipe to install.
Performance Muffler is at: 15812 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85032

Last edited:

Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Shiftek x-pipe and had Performance Muffler install it (welded it on). Took 'em around 30-45 mins of their time. Cost was $60. They said they could weld in straight pipes and cut out the resonators for $120 if I didn't already have an x-pipe to install.
Performance Muffler is at: 15812 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85032

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
What a gorgeous car! Welcome to the land of "GT350 on one side of the garage, Porsche on the other side!" (There are quite a few of us here... We'll have to teach you the secret handshake! :cheers: )
Yup, lots of P-car owners also own the GT350. Rennlist forum has 208 pages on the GT350, that's saying something. I need to learn that secret handshake too. LOL. ;)

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Nice pair. I've got both a GT350 and a 718 GTS also. Beautiful track work there.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Ooooo!!!! Congrats!!! Let’s hear a comparison review between the Porsche and gt350!

Sponsored
OP
OP
syzygy

syzygy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Yup, lots of P-car owners also own the GT350. Rennlist forum has 208 pages on the GT350, that's saying something. I need to learn that secret handshake too. LOL. ;)

wow, well I shouldn't be terribly surprised... it's a special car for sure!

Nice pair. I've got both a GT350 and a 718 GTS also. Beautiful track work there.

either one a daily driver? If not, which one do you find yourself reaching the keys for more?

Ooooo!!!! Congrats!!! Let’s hear a comparison review between the Porsche and gt350!

I plan on it! :D

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
either one a daily driver? If not, which one do you find yourself reaching the keys for more?
Both are toys. My daily driver is a Chrysler Pacifica minivan. :D
Sponsored