Need Help! Modifying!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Hey guys, i'm doing some mods and need to relocate This tube ! just need to relocate... any thoughts? What does it do? I will be installing the Steeda Cai as well. this is in the way of my engine cover replacement i'm doing.
IMG_0217.jpg
Sponsored

payniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Impact Blue
That should be the MRC vacuum hose, Intake Manifold Runner Control. Should run along the valve cover to the rear of the intake manifold. Manifold runners open after ~3k rpm for more air into the motor. It seems to be an important tube, although I ran mine for a few days unknowingly capped (wrong CAI rubber gromment was sent). Mine threw codes with it blocked and also limped past 3k rpm's since the MRC's were stuck closed.

If you were to get some more vacuum hose, you might be able to re-route it, although after through the post I linked to more thoroughly, it appears that whole tube is removed in the 2017 and the drivers side is just a vent. Explains why I got codes with the vent blocked. but you might be able to just remove it and cap your CAI.

I'm linking to another forum where I found a Vacuum hose diagram. Sorry if thats not allowed.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?27422-2017-Coyote-Vacuum-System

Last edited:
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
That should be the MRC vacuum hose, Intake Manifold Runner Control. Should run along the valve cover to the rear of the intake manifold. Manifold runners open after ~3k rpm for more air into the motor. It seems to be an important tube, although I ran mine for a few days unknowingly capped (wrong CAI rubber gromment was sent). Mine threw codes with it blocked and also limped past 3k rpm's since the MRC's were stuck closed.

If you were to get some more vacuum hose, you might be able to re-route it, although after through the post I linked to more thoroughly, it appears that whole tube is removed in the 2017 and the drivers side is just a vent. Explains why I got codes with the vent blocked. but you might be able to just remove it and cap your CAI.

I'm linking to another forum where I found a Vacuum hose diagram. Sorry if thats not allowed.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?27422-2017-Coyote-Vacuum-System
So in reading this...I can just plug off the vac line...or is it wise to relocate?

payniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Impact Blue
I am not a mechanic by any means, and am only giving you what I found on yet another forum regarding the vacuum hoses.

IDK if you read the link, but it basically surmises(if I am reading it correct) Ford engineered the MRC solenoid to vent back into the Intake for emissions purposes, but on the 2017+ models, they decided emissions weren't an issue and its simply vented into atmosphere.

If it's just vented to atmosphere then presumably you could just take the hose completely off. Maybe pull the end off the CAI and see it if anything changes before taking the hose from the backside of the engine. If you do change anything....make sure you do a few parking lot tests because the brake booster is attached to this vacuum system.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Well, I put my thinking cap on and did some modifying...moving of hoses! I blocked off the existing MRC connector on the Steeda elbow and installed that hose below.... then I cut back the sound tube provision hole and installed the coil hose to that hole. All is good, cleaned up really nice. Took an afternoon of thinking and 3 beers to accomplish! Now my 2014 engine cover will fit!!!
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG

Sponsored

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good thinking Rick! Like to see when you are done

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Good thinking Rick! Like to see when you are done
Hey Dennis....just thinking outside the box....got a 2014 Stang engine cover that. They say won’t fit out Coyote motors......well, they’re wrong! A few more subtle things under hood and a transformation occurs!! the area in yellow will be smoothed/Painted and a decal added!!!!!! all grey plastic items will be replaced with factory black with red highlights!!!!
IMG_0198.jpg

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP