Just looking fro more low end torque

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot GT Premium 400A
Sounds like Power pack 1 is the best bang for the buck. Open to suggestions though?
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I was staggered when I put an AED tune on my car. It removed the torque management in all gears which makes a huge difference

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
PP2. Way more bang for your buck.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Whipple. I have a 15 GT, headers, Lund tune. All that helps but it is still doesn’t have much down low. I test drove a c7 Vette this morning and wow, that thing has some grunt. It is in a different price bracket and is lighter so it’s not really fair to compare it to the Mustang. My guess would be that the newer Camaro shave similar low end torque to the Vette.
Not sure if I will trade up to the c7 or whipple my GT. I have had it for 3 years and I’m kinda ready for a change. My GT has BC coilovers with MPSS and my steering feel was much better than the C7 I drove. That caught me off guard a little.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Whipple. I have a 15 GT, headers, Lund tune. All that helps but it is still doesn’t have much down low. I test drove a c7 Vette this morning and wow, that thing has some grunt. It is in a different price bracket and is lighter so it’s not really fair to compare it to the Mustang. My guess would be that the newer Camaro shave similar low end torque to the Vette.
Not sure if I will trade up to the c7 or whipple my GT. I have had it for 3 years and I’m kinda ready for a change. My GT has BC coilovers with MPSS and my steering feel was much better than the C7 I drove. That caught me off guard a little.
Funny you say this. I have been actively looking to sell the Mustang and replace it with a 2018 Z06 Convertible, but seeing as I drive this car about 2,500 miles per year I decided to just mod the Stang. The only real complaints I have are the lack of low end torque and the Ghetto interior quality. I am meeting with an interior guy on Monday to discuss a complete interior upgrade. Just looking for options on the torque issue. Supercharging was my first choice now just looking at other options keeping in mind the actual use of this car and how much I actually drive it. Budget isn't an issue, but in reality do I need to spend $10K for power I am not really going to use. That being said my daily driver is an X5M and I don't really use any of the power I paid for there. Just looking for improved seat of the pants feel at a reasonable cost.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
You cannot beat the torque of a PD supercharger. I am doing the inexpensive Magnuson on my '15 because it is like the Roush in that you get torque NOW. I compare it to my 1964 Galaxie 427 that I stroked with a 428 crank a long time ago. Torque NOW. You need either cubic inches with serious compression or a PD supercharger be it Whipple, Roush, etc. If money is tight, save up for the SC. Forget headers, cai, cams, blah, blah. Just do the blower. That's my suggestion. Lots more fun on a daily basis, too. If LMS still has their incredible deal, that's what I would do. If you want more than say 600 rwhp, just do the Whipple. You'll just be selling the other parts at 40% of the price you pay on ebay and wish you did the PD SC earlier.

If you do, use a SC that does not have heat soak issues. The TVS 2300, Whipple and others are good.

I've owned Mopars and Fords with the bigger muscle car engines. Having a PD SC is like a 550 Cubic inch engine with compression but revs 1500 RPM higher. They are just fantastic. Plus gas mileage is good and you don't need 105 octane to get the job done.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
17" wheels with a short tire helped me

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Here are a couple of dynos from LMS: The first is the exact kit I'm doing with no mods and an auto transmission. Note the torque at 2500 rpm. That's at the wheels, too.

http://cdn.speednik.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/02/2017-02-09_22-36-24.jpg

Here is the Whipple. It's likely the older Whipple gen. New one is better.
Still, there is the torque. You get more power, but you don't need the headers to get the low end torque. On my 2011 with and without headers only a bit more horsepower up top but lost some torque down low. Don't need them, though unless you want max power.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2015/04/ZKKXysR-1.png

BTW, I don't work for LMS or anything. Alternative Auto in the Detroit area are very good as well as others. I don't think the HP differences were as much due to the headers as it was for the Whipple's larger PD SC. 2.9 vs 2.3. They're both good.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I agree on the PD blowers. I have a Whipple on my 302 stroker in the '05 making 597 to the wheels and about 540 in the torque department. Instant balls like a massive big block only it pulls hard to 7k rpm's

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Funny you say this. I have been actively looking to sell the Mustang and replace it with a 2018 Z06 Convertible, but seeing as I drive this car about 2,500 miles per year I decided to just mod the Stang. The only real complaints I have are the lack of low end torque and the Ghetto interior quality. I am meeting with an interior guy on Monday to discuss a complete interior upgrade.
Maybe you bought the wrong car?

OP
OP

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you bought the wrong car?
Maybe. But it looked good and was cheap. Hopefully some upgrades will work. If not, someone else will get a great deal on an upgraded Mustang.
Sponsored