Sponsored

Mustang full of water

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I have a Mustang 2015 V6 coupe and it has a major leak. Wednesday I noticed I had nearly an inch of water on the floor behind the driver's seat. I used a shop vac to pick it up. After a day of rain on thursday I checked today and it's full of water again. I'm sure it's not coming from under the car but where is it coming from? The rear quarter windows? The joint of roof and back glass? It breaks my heart to bring it to Ford and have them tear it apart to find the leak...
Sponsored

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
How about a garden hose or car wash and sit inside?

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Bring it to the dealer and let them figure it out. Its a warranty issue.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Don't wait, get it to a dealer. You are looking at major electrical gremlins if corrosion starts.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Don't wait, get it to a dealer. You are looking at major electrical gremlins if corrosion starts.
Not to mention if it is that wet inside and the sun hits the car for a while. You might find it raining INSIDE.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about a garden hose or car wash and sit inside?
Just did that. It's soaked again. It's coming from driver door area, rear driver's quarter window, or roof/back glass???

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Just did that. It's soaked again. It's coming from driver door area, rear driver's quarter window, or roof/back glass???
This is pretty important to all owners. Can you let us know what the dealer diagnoses is the issue and document the details?

No water leak out here but I will get my seals inspected.

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Is the roof liner wet?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
WARNING- DO NOT DO WHAT THE OP DID.

If your car "leaks" go straight to the dealership-with the water in it. Self testing and re-flooding the of the car can lead to serious electrical issues with potential warranty denials. You knew the car leaked but you poured more water on it, that is now on your dime. The 2nd flooding was caused by you....and you do not want that argument with the dealer/Ford..

This is not a quick do it yourself fix- straight to a dealer with this type of issue as it can and will eventually involve electrical wiring under the carpets and you want the issue documented early (after the initial internal flood)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
WARNING- DO NOT DO WHAT THE OP DID.

If your car "leaks" go straight to the dealership-with the water in it. Self testing and re-flooding the of the car can lead to serious electrical issues with potential warranty denials. You knew the car leaked but you poured more water on it, that is now on your dime. The 2nd flooding was caused by you....and you do not want that argument with the dealer/Ford..

This is not a quick do it yourself fix- straight to a dealer with this type of issue as it can and will eventually involve electrical wiring under the carpets and you want the issue documented early (after the initial internal flood)

This x100. Wet shit that ain't supposed to be is not good and hard as hell to fix permanently.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
If there's any smell make them replace the carpet.

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take it easy. I didn't let the water run to flood the car. I just did a normal wash. There was much less water the second time around and nowhere near anything electrical. But there is an unknown leak. It's going into the dealer on monday.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Just for guys who have had this problem and not had a warranty,a smoke machine is the perfect tool,but like everyone eles said brand new car with warranty, take it to the dealer.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I have a Mustang 2015 V6 coupe and it has a major leak. Wednesday I noticed I had nearly an inch of water on the floor behind the driver's seat. I used a shop vac to pick it up. After a day of rain on thursday I checked today and it's full of water again. I'm sure it's not coming from under the car but where is it coming from? The rear quarter windows? The joint of roof and back glass? It breaks my heart to bring it to Ford and have them tear it apart to find the leak...
This really sucks! Don't go easy on the dealer... Let them know your pissed.
Hope they get it back in shape for you

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
they will just till you that you left the window down,

J/K I really hope they don't tell you that
Sponsored