OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fake? I thought it uses stock airbox.

Also I would think the turbos mounted low would be advantageous. Not exposed to under hood temps, cooler air flow under the car, and splashes of cool water from the road during rain to keep the turbos cool.
We use the stock airbox.

We have developed our top mount kit to protect adjacent parts from heat etc. They both work really well.
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
This is a great idea.

Im guessing its similar to the LPF kit using comp-style oil less turbos.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is a great idea.

Im guessing its similar to the LPF kit using comp-style oil less turbos.
This system has multiple turbo choices. We send a cast wheel "sleeper" turbo standard, and we have options from us that include Precision, Garrett, and Borg Warner. The system has a state of the art scavenge system that installs easily and works better than any one one the market.

Team Hellion

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
This looks really promising. Maybe just maybe finally a sub 10k turbo setup from a reputable company.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How are the turbos lubricated? Does the oil pan need to be tapped?

Sponsored

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How are the turbos lubricated? Does the oil pan need to be tapped?
No sir!!! No tapping needed.

We re-enter the scavenged oil into the oil fill cap with a special fitting we send.

Super easy to install.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Ya I would still be worried. I;ve seen what happens to hot metal when it gets hit with cold water...not cool. piece of mind I will stick with top mounts. Plus what the fun in hiding all that stuff... My car is already kinda obvious that its not stock and I want the screamer surge covers lol.
Not an issue. There's an effect that you can look up that describes the process when water hits a hot (1k~ deg) manifold etc (except it's been years since I looked this up so I can't tell you what it is, do enough tubular turbo manifold research and you can find it). It basically beads the water up and then between the bead and manifold there's a layer of really hot steam that keeps the two from contacting. The end result is, splashing of water like you might have on the street from rain etc shouldn't cause any harm. You might get surface rust over time, but that's just surface rust. Easy to clean and prevent.

It's only going to be a damage problem if you pile drive straight through a puddle. And if you drive through deep puddles willy nilly, you're risking a whole bunch of nonsense regardless if the car is modded or stock.

Ultimately bottom mounts again have been run on dailies for years. You should do whatever you want, but for the sake of the hoards of people who will read your concern and think it's actually a point of failure, it's nothing to be worried about. If you're really concerned cheap, easy steps can be made to prevent any such failure.

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I spoke to them on the phone this morning. They said the cast wheel “sleeper” brand turbos can also be upgraded to ball bearing for 500$.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Curious who makes these "sleeper" brand turbos..

Sponsored

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
This system has multiple turbo choices. We send a cast wheel "sleeper" turbo standard, and we have options from us that include Precision, Garrett, and Borg Warner. The system has a state of the art scavenge system that installs easily and works better than any one one the market.

Team Hellion
Hate to be "that guy" but can you give more info about what the cast turbo specs are like? A/R etc or even just what model they're most similar to. I'm really considering this kit and would love to be able to make an informed decision between cast or upgrading to billet.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
I spoke to them on the phone this morning. They said the cast wheel “sleeper” brand turbos can also be upgraded to ball bearing for 500$.
From all the cars I've dealt with (mainly turbo supra etc) switching to BB rarely nets any increased throttle response over journal bearing. You have to remember, journal bearing is a piece of metal floating on a really slippery sheet of oil. It doesn't have a lot of friction.

Ball bearings do seem to be good for situations where you might have lower oil pressure, or different thermal loads... But ultimately when compared to upgrading to a billet wheel for example, it's not an upgrade worth doing most of the time.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Not an issue. There's an effect that you can look up that describes the process when water hits a hot (1k~ deg) manifold etc (except it's been years since I looked this up so I can't tell you what it is, do enough tubular turbo manifold research and you can find it). It basically beads the water up and then between the bead and manifold there's a layer of really hot steam that keeps the two from contacting. The end result is, splashing of water like you might have on the street from rain etc shouldn't cause any harm. You might get surface rust over time, but that's just surface rust. Easy to clean and prevent.

It's only going to be a damage problem if you pile drive straight through a puddle. And if you drive through deep puddles willy nilly, you're risking a whole bunch of nonsense regardless if the car is modded or stock.

Ultimately bottom mounts again have been run on dailies for years. You should do whatever you want, but for the sake of the hoards of people who will read your concern and think it's actually a point of failure, it's nothing to be worried about. If you're really concerned cheap, easy steps can be made to prevent any such failure.
Leidenfrost Effect
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect
AE3BDC62-68B9-4175-B7EB-F573758789C0.png

Reactions: GT2

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Well be doing some fun with this kit on our new 17 project car, should be fun!

Reactions: GT2

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
@Hellion;

Will this kit work with 2019 GT? This kit will be the main reason I'd buy a GT, instead of getting the EcoBoost, since I'm a Turbo guy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.