Sponsored

How long is too long?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
What is everyones thoughts on how long someone should wait to receive items) bought on here from a private party?
I purchased a ton of things and never really have ever had an issue. Currently waiting on some things that I purchased two weeks ago and havent been shipped yet. Seller has been busy he said. When would you get concerned?
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
After maybe three weeks I'd get concerned. They could have someone else ship the item(s) for them (if that's an option), if they are that busy.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Did you paypal as a gift or like money gram said monies?

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well then its all on his integrity...good luck if he ditches out on you.

I never deal with anyone who demands gift payments...any honest merchant will pay the fee since it protects both parties imho(or calculate them into the sale price).

Good luck

Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
2 weeks would definitely start to piss me off but if you are still having communication with him, that's sort of a good sign. If you lose communication then I would basically kiss your money goodbye since you gifted it.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Well then its all on his integrity...good luck if he ditches out on you.

I never deal with anyone who demands gift payments...any honest merchant will pay the fee since it protects both parties imho(or calculate them into the sale price).

Good luck
This. Or I'll pay the extra few percent on top to cover fees and send it as a regular payment.

That said, if you request the buyer to pay as gift, you're wrong. If you request the buyer to pay your fees, you're wrong. Adjust your price accordingly to what you want to make after fees.

Occasionally when I sell stuff, people will chip in to cover the fees... that's fine and done at the buyer's discretion, and much appreciated. I see that as more of a "tip" than anything else.

But yea, 2 weeks is too long for a private sale. Even 1 week is pushing it. I make an effort, if I sell something, to get it out to the post office asap. That means the same or next day if possible, or I communicate to the buyer when it will be shipped.

Too many bad and inconsiderate sellers who have no regard for the buyer's time.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Well I got the parts today ...so I made it through this one...but lesson learned. Thanks for the input all.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
That said, if you request the buyer to pay as gift, you're wrong. If you request the buyer to pay your fees, you're wrong. Adjust your price accordingly to what you want to make after fees.

Too many bad and inconsiderate sellers who have no regard for the buyer's time.
Amen...deal of mine fell through because of this. I was refunded because of about $1 in fees...get real sellers.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase