Sponsored

GT 350/R Positive Post my top 10.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
one negative for me. yall like yours so much it keeps the values high and i cant find the right one for me yet :frusty:

im just jealous. i want to be part of the cool kids.
Sponsored

Blackie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 AG/ blk stripe Chassis H3070
Many complain about the lack of low end, but I really enjoy the rush of power at 3500. The way the engine quickly awakens from a deep sleep, pissed off at the world, snarling and screaming all the way to 8250. It never gets old.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I never gave any thought to a top 10, but now that you got me thinking.

1. The Recaro’s, very comfortable and supportive for a stock seat.

2. The interior design. I really like the overall style and integration, especially
the info screen compared to the current trend to slap one atop the dash like
an afterthought.

3. Selectable modes to suit driver or situational conditions.

4. Subtle but unique styling overvthe rest of the S550 line.

5. Signature plaque on engine. Very cool to see a hand made engine on a d
domestic car.

6. The fact that it’s only available with the right type of transmission for people
that really care about the relationship between driver and car.

7. The respect and attention it gets that is comparable to a high end importsl
Like Porsche, Ferrari, M Cars, etc.

8. The numbered dash plaque.

9. Making Camaro and Challenger drivers look the fool when they try to goad
me I to a race.

10. The Shelby mystique and the awesome racing history associated with it.

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
M cars....nah....if anything people see others that drive M cars as douchey haha jkjk :lol::D

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I like that...

I can get better MPG in my Shelby than my daily driven truck.
I pay lower insurance rate for my Shelby than my wife's Lexus.
I don't have to use my brakes as much because I Rev-match instead.
Just a friendly tip... but brakes are far, far, far cheaper to maintain and replace than your engine ;)

It is also noted by Ford that excessive engine braking can lead to increased oil consumption :shrug:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
1. Exhaust - self-explanatory... #becauseVoodoo

2. Styling - From the shape of the hood to the carbon rear wing, bulged fenders, carbon wheels etc. it all looks incredible

3. Overall Performance - acceleration, cornering ability, composure, braking, 8250rpm redline, it all just comes together better than almost anything else in the "affordable" realm.

4. Exhaust

5. Brakes - truly confidence inspiring, no fade, tons of initial bite, some real stopping power

6. Recaros - incredibly comfortable yet supremely supportive, they also look amazing

7. Exhaust

8. Steering Wheel - I know some here don't like the OEM wheel, and while it could be thicker in diameter, I actually really like the design of it. No unnecessary angles or protrusions that I think look gaudy on some aftermarket wheel, just a nice clean circle with a flat bottom, alcantara, racing stripe at the top is a nice touch, and I happen to really like the Snake emblem in the centre of the wheel. It is something you see a lot while in the car, and gives you constant reminders you're driving something cool!

9. Exhaust

10. Exhaust

Hmm tried to sum things up, but really I could talk all day about this car and the little details that I love about it. Didn't even touch on the driving experience itself and how good it feels on a nice curvy backroad. Did I mention the exhaust? Damn does thing sound good :D

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
M cars....nah....if anything people see others that drive M cars as douchey haha jkjk :lol::D
Good thing I missed being douchy ( haha) since an M2 was the other car I was considering. Zero regrets. I imagine it gets better gas mileage than the Shelby but the Shelby is Bad Ass!

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Here's my personal top 10 graded and in comparison to my other GT toys. Keep in mind... this is my personal subjective experience. IMO, the GT350R would have narrowed the gap, specifically in balance/handling, braking, and steering, if it weighed much less... like for example shed 400+ lbs in stock form as produced directly from the factory.

I should also have noted that although the GT350R gets a grade 10 in exhaust/sound category, the GT3 is still sounds better to me that I'd even over rate it as a solid 11... with its 9,000 RPM wail plus basically a race-spec motor and it revs much quicker than the Voodoo. The new 4.0 Flat-6 in the GT3 is 100% amazing. Anyway all 3 are podium winners and all are fun as hell to drive... and all 3 are naturally aspirated engines but only one (for me) clearly stands out.
GT compared.jpg
GT-cars.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Here's my personal top 10 graded and in comparison to my other GT toys. Keep in mind... this is my personal subjective experience. IMO, the GT350R would have narrowed the gap, specifically in balance/handling, braking, and steering, if it weighed much less... like for example shed 400+ lbs in stock form as produced directly from the factory.

I should also have noted that although the GT350R gets a grade 10 in exhaust/sound category, the GT3 is still sounds better to me that I'd even over rate it as a solid 11... with its 9,000 RPM wail plus basically a race-spec motor and it revs much quicker than the Voodoo. The new 4.0 Flat-6 in the GT3 is 100% amazing. Anyway all 3 are podium winners and all are fun as hell to drive... and all 3 are naturally aspirated engines but only one (for me) clearly stands out.
My god, what a collection. I really like the GT4 btw. I think it's a wonderful car and the one to have from Porsche if you can't get a GT3/GT3RS

One thing that does make me wonder is besides cost, is there any reason why Ford couldn't have transplanted the aluminum body panel technology from the F150 to the GT350. I bet it could have saved something around 80lbs by going to aluminum doors and carbon composite roof and decklid.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
My god, what a collection. I really like the GT4 btw. I think it's a wonderful car and the one to have from Porsche if you can't get a GT3/GT3RS

One thing that does make me wonder is besides cost, is there any reason why Ford couldn't have transplanted the aluminum body panel technology from the F150 to the GT350. I bet it could have saved something around 80lbs by going to aluminum doors and carbon composite roof and decklid.
Big +1 on that list. The GT3 is my personal top lust after machine.

Great point on the weight savings potential. Myself, not only would I like to see the car 400-500 lbs lighter it would be great if it were about 10% smaller all around which would help with the weight too.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Yeah that too! Heft. It's still a big brawny car. But very fun of course!

Cost is really the driving factor... plus R&D and safety tests/ratings and even manufacturer's warranty...so cost (and ROI) is the big factor.

And yeah I agree that the GT4 is one hell of a Porsche and I won't even rule out a 997 GT3 as another strong recommendation (more raw as well due to the bulletproof Mezger engine). I love the mid-engine in the GT4. But if the 911 ever went mid-mounted (like the current RSR cup car) then oh boy! I can't get a .2 GT3RS allocation (yeah I was left out by my dealer lol) and I'm not a Porsche VIP anyway... but I really like my GT3 especially since it's a great street/track machine and it saves me from spending more again! Plus I'm in search for an aircooled 911 so I'd rather use funds for that. And the GT3 has the same 4.0 engine as in the GT3RS anyway with the RS having +20hp and more aero/downforce as its primary benefit. Can't go wrong with any GT car... so let's be happy & thankful with what we have. :)

From the getgo I always wished the GT350R was alot lighter.... I mean it's a great highly track-capable beast out of the box but then again if it was equipped with bespoke lighter components and/or body panels then we'd likely be spending 100K for one. So as-is it's an excellent huge bang for the buck.

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Just a friendly tip... but brakes are far, far, far cheaper to maintain and replace than your engine ;)

It is also noted by Ford that excessive engine braking can lead to increased oil consumption :shrug:
You make it sound like since we both have the same engine that we drive the same way. Mine, other than the regular oil in the catch can, doesn't lose oil like most here. BTW, Ford may be correct with their oil consumption claim, but they also sold these cars with bad AC system and fit and finish issues just to name a couple. Also, me rev-matching on a downshift doesn't mean I'm coming from super high rpm. Not my first rodeo...

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This car gets a ton of respect and attention, but not at Ferrari (or Lamborghini) level IMO. Italian is in a whole different class than German cars (I'm a huge BMW fan and owner also). Agree that it gets probably more attention than my current BMW does or my old M3 did.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This car gets a ton of respect and attention, but not at Ferrari (or Lamborghini) level IMO. Italian is in a whole different class than German cars (I'm a huge BMW fan and owner also). Agree that it gets probably more attention than my current BMW does or my old M3 did.
Agreed. Those are cars that get attention for many reasons that a Mustang will not. Interior luxury, wild styling, exotic engines, super high prices.. Just because the Mustang might be faster around a track than many of them doesn't mean it gets respect. Most people don't realize how good the new Mustangs are.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You make it sound like since we both have the same engine that we drive the same way. Mine, other than the regular oil in the catch can, doesn't lose oil like most here. BTW, Ford may be correct with their oil consumption claim, but they also sold these cars with bad AC system and fit and finish issues just to name a couple. Also, me rev-matching on a downshift doesn't mean I'm coming from super high rpm. Not my first rodeo...
How did I make it sound like that again? :shrug:

Mine doesn't use oil either. What AC failures or fit/finish issues have to do with my comment, I'm at a loss. Not telling you how to live your life bud... just a friendly statement in case you weren't aware. :thumbsup:
Sponsored