Sponsored

ATI balancer torque specs?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
For those that have installed an ATI balancer, what torque specs did you use to torque it down with the balancer bolt? I don't recall seeing a final torque spec in the instructions. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry to hi jack, Has anyone experienced a crankshaft failure with one of these?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
For those that have installed an ATI balancer, what torque specs did you use to torque it down with the balancer bolt? I don't recall seeing a final torque spec in the instructions. Thanks in advance for the help!
I also torqued mine to 100 ft/lb with the ARP assembly lubricant they provided with the bolt - if you don't use the thread lubricant then I think the value might differ. I wasn't sure if you were trying to use a stock bolt or not.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Alot of people have had issues with the ARP bolt loosening over time.

I torqued to either 120 or 130ftlbs with blue loctite. No loosening problems over 20k miles.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Alot of people have had issues with the ARP bolt loosening over time.

I torqued to either 120 or 130ftlbs with blue loctite. No loosening problems over 20k miles.
I haven’t heard of anyone having a bolt loosen up on them but I have seen of a couple issues where the balancer wasn’t seated completely and damaged a crank. It can appear that the bolt loosened where intact the balancer wasn’t installed properly.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I haven’t heard of anyone having a bolt loosen up on them but I have seen of a couple issues where the balancer wasn’t seated completely and damaged a crank. It can appear that the bolt loosened where intact the balancer wasn’t installed properly.
Yes that is a separate issue. Since the ATI is very tight if its not installed perfectly it can break the crank apparently. Best way to install it is oil the crank snout and heat up the balancer before installing. I used a small Propane torch and it went on buttery smooth.

But aside from that even with the balancer perfectly installed the ARP bolt itself can walk loose. A local Mustang shop told me this and here's one thread on it: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80694&
I believe much more of it was posted in an OPG thread as stated in the OP.
Sponsored