Sponsored

Switchbacks - Hyperblink resistor

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I'm trying to install a resistor to fix the hyperblink caused by switchbacks, but I can't figure out which wires to tap into.

There are three wires...black, green and blue. I've tried black + green and black + blue. The resistor never gets hot so I don't believe it's working. I wish I had kept my stock bulbs so I could try this one side at a time. For now I have not added the resistor to the passenger side until I figure this out.

Who has done this successfully?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Should be the same as this video for a F-150.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
You don't need a resonator to fix the double click pattern just use Forscan and I'll fix the problem.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=24658]Gman[/MENTION] I think it'd help if you posted the code for it instead of just saying Forscan and expecting him to find it in that huge thread...

And what happens if your switchback actually goes out in either of these cases? Does it keep blinking normally so you'd have to notice the light somewhere?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
[MENTION=24658]Gman[/MENTION] I think it'd help if you posted the code for it instead of just saying Forscan and expecting him to find it in that huge thread...

And what happens if your switchback actually goes out in either of these cases? Does it keep blinking normally so you'd have to notice the light somewhere?
From what I know on the subject, the Forscan tweak disables the bulb warning that causes the hyperflashing. So in the event of an actual bulb failure the signal would still function normally.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Here's a link to a post about disabling hyper-flashing using FORSCAN. Of course disabling this setting means no indication in the event a turn signal bulb fails.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I’m going the cheap route... Ordered some switchbacks off amazon for $20 and will be installing them along with the forscan tweak by the end of the week.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Interesting. I'll really have to figure out how to use Forscan.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at getting the Diode Dynamics switchback bulbs. They said you do not need a resistor for the external blinking to be correct. However, the interior indicator does blink oddly.

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Correct, outside blink will be fine, but the inside blink will drive you mad!
I just purchased my OBD scanner. Need to get hooked up with forscan next.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, outside blink will be fine, but the inside blink will drive you mad!
I just purchased my OBD scanner. Need to get hooked up with forscan next.
Is it really annoying? I saw a video with the interior blink, and it sounded like "tic-a-tic, tic-a-tic". Someone mentioned that it sounds like a galloping horse. Think I might actually like that.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Option C if you will, would be to buy the sequential turn kit that replaces the entire front blinker housing made by DD. It gives a very bright white light and does a sequential amber blink. What’s nice is these don’t require a resistor and won’t cause a hyper-blink pattern in the dash which allows you to be alerted if a light goes out still. What’s not so nice is you’re spending around $200 for them. There’s also an option to tie them in as a running light at an extra cost of course.
I have the lights but not the running light option and like them a lot. I replaced my switchbacks with them and gave them to a friend that was having a problem with their switchbacks flickering. CJ Pony parts has a good install video and shows all the different options including the look of rhe cleared and smoked lenses offered.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Just popped my FORSCAN cherry and disabled the hyperblink. ;)
Not too hard at all!
Sponsored