Sponsored

[CORRECTION] 2019 GT500 will NOT Debut at Chicago Auto Show

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I hope your arms are long enough to slip your camera under the car. Latest word I have is no CF driveshat but rather a two-piece steel unit. I pray that usn't true.
It will have CF driveshaft.... at least as an option in case is not standard.

Does GT500 use the GT350 flat plane crank? And will it rev like a GT350?
7000RPM

Nice. Let's hope this one finally does get an automatic.
DCT for sure, the question is whether it will have a manual or not.
Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Seriously guys, the VP cars are not even built just yet.... how would you think there would be a press/show car available for the show in Chicago. I predict Vegas or LA.

(I hope itā€™s LA so I will be able to go)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This seems sketchy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously guys, the VP cars are not even built just yet.... how would you think there would be a press/show car available for the show in Chicago. I predict Vegas or LA.

This is why I was surprised to see this, but since it was on the site...

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

Damn. Isnā€™t LA like end of November/early Dec?

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Affirmative
Ya, not sure this is great timing by Ford. The Me Vette is likely to debut Detroit Jan ā€˜19 and may very well impact their sales. I hope Ford is either building one hell of GT500 or that they know/think the ME will be at a higher price point. Most indications are thereā€™s going to be a sub 100k ME vette, possibly a base around 70k. And we know Ford dealerships are pretty bad with ADMs.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I was in senior high, I got the girl of my dreams to go to prom with me. we spent the whole night dancing and having a good time, and she told me she wanted to leave early. So, we left and hung out in the Drive-in parking lot for about an hour before I finally got to the point with "are we doing this or nah?", only to be told it was that time of the month. think about being 17 years old, hormones going crazy, just to be let down on what was supposed to be the biggest night of your life........

The amount of blue balls experienced that night is absolutely minimal when compared to this letdown

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Boy talk about a masterful sales pitch by the Chicago Auto Show. Just about had me sold.

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
If Keith Jackson were still alive this is what he'd be saying about FORD's management of the GT500 launch/tease. "FUUMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLLLE!!!!!?

Seriously Ford! The Bullitt film experience at NAIAS was cool and a great way to launch the vehicle (Along with McQueen's niece and the original movie car) - Well Done!

The launch of the GT 500 - botched and mis-managed so far. Now we know you can't control others (Chicago auto show-They're miss) BUT you do control the flow of info on the roll out. Since it will be a 19 MY car - my suggestion is give us a teaser pic or video the 19th of every month until this baby is launched! It'll save me time, us (forum fans collectively) aggravation and in turn build POSITIVE momentum for this cars arrival.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It will have CF driveshaft.... at least as an option in case is not standard.
Always interesting when sources are conflicting. Mine was adamant there would be no cf shaft which I find interesting given how the '13-'14 GT500 was touted as having needed it to reach its ~200mph top speed (among other reasons). The recent mules that another source witnessed, directly from underneath, all had two-piece steel shafts as well.

Again, I hope you're right.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Always interesting when sources are conflicting. Mine was adamant there would be no cf shaft which I find interesting given how the '13-'14 GT500 was touted as having needed it to reach its ~200mph top speed (among other reasons). The recent mules that another source witnessed, directly from underneath, all had two-piece steel shafts as well.

Again, I hope you're right.
may not be produced and tested yet.
also could be the base versions. just a thought. I'm hoping it makes the cut, it's a big deal.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ya, not sure this is great timing by Ford. The Me Vette is likely to debut Detroit Jan ā€˜19 and may very well impact their sales. I hope Ford is either building one hell of GT500 or that they know/think the ME will be at a higher price point. Most indications are thereā€™s going to be a sub 100k ME vette, possibly a base around 70k. And we know Ford dealerships are pretty bad with ADMs.
precisely why I was hoping it would come earlier.
I expect ford to sell all they make, but....

Depending on how good this ME is, it could be an extremely huge hit for GM, on a much larger scale...
it should be amazingly balanced and not weigh but 3400lbs.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Reading between the lines from an "insider" post elsewhere it sounds like the first look won't be at an auto show at all. Shelby in Vegas maybe?
Sponsored