Sponsored

New Topic ! Parts .............

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I have been active over on the Ecoboost pages on FaceBook as of late .
The amatures there are selling parts like crazy since there has been a rash of reports of the dreaded EcoBoom .. there sure is a lot of scary fucks , crying foul to no end there .

Seems all I am able to do is refer them here to read up and fill these unintelegeable brains with some real food for thought ..

All the best to US on finding cheap Parts .. Good Luck hunting and IT's a Bananza there ..................................................................................................................................................

Be Cool Stay Cozy ........Me Favorite Quote ...............................:first:
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
all I am able to do is refer them here to read
sorry, I had to 'lol'

I moved to the facebook groups mainly when this forum dumped Taptalk. It was inevitable but now the facebook groups are a cesspool of stupidity. Now I just peruse both silently, looking for anything new or feedback from knowledgeable people.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
After being on here for a few years, that Facebook group was an eye opener. Sorry that I ever bothered to join.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
sorry, I had to 'lol'

I moved to the facebook groups mainly when this forum dumped Taptalk. It was inevitable but now the facebook groups are a cesspool of stupidity. Now I just peruse both silently, looking for anything new or feedback from knowledgeable people.
Yeah, although I understand why they did it to an extent, I'm still disappointed that Tapatalk support stopped. I hate using it like this because it's not terribly mobile friendly, which is what I use 95% of the time.

And the Facebook groups, :headbonk:. I think about leaving them at least once a day. It's either ignorant stuff or trolling 90% of the time. Occasionally, there'll be a little glimmer of hope, but all too often it quickly fades.

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but there is plenty of parts being sold off cheap and I love new parts cheap ..... scored PP wheels and and ruined Pzero tires . Just needed 2 rear tires .. scored PP struts shocks and springs ... adding the steeda shock mounts for the dreaded highway bounce and then I'm getting dialed in for the remainder of the Race Red run for the escape winter ..............

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
I have been active over on the Ecoboost pages on FaceBook as of late .
The amatures there are selling parts like crazy since there has been a rash of reports of the dreaded EcoBoom .. there sure is a lot of scary fucks , crying foul to no end there .

Seems all I am able to do is refer them here to read up and fill these unintelegeable brains with some real food for thought ..

All the best to US on finding cheap Parts .. Good Luck hunting and IT's a Bananza there ..................................................................................................................................................

Be Cool Stay Cozy ........Me Favorite Quote ...............................:first:
Its more likely that people are upgrading their 3-4 year old Ecoboosts and dont need parts.

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its more likely that people are upgrading their 3-4 year old Ecoboosts and dont need parts.
Fat chance of that .. what ever reason peeps are scared and a bit paranoid that the $ 30 some K 2.3 ecoboom is they're fate and are ditching parts ..

Half of the stuff I have no interest in and will remain with my own objective of supporting the suspension so I am not hop skipping down the street .

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Fat chance of that .. what ever reason peeps are scared and a bit paranoid that the $ 30 some K 2.3 ecoboom is they're fate and are ditching parts ..

Half of the stuff I have no interest in and will remain with my own objective of supporting the suspension so I am not hop skipping down the street .
I think you are talking from the perspective of a person who is fundamentally representing your age group (making an assumption here about your age); not being coy or meaning to demean you in anyway but a 20/30 something wont be selling their performance parts because all of a sudden, 3+ years after release of the S550 they are worried about it going boom. Sure there may be one or two, not discounting that but that the tail of the bell curve.

As a person who is actively looking for a couple parts, I see these posts and most people are trading in on new vehicles (most dealer prefer stock car) or lease is up in which case it needs to be stock (again this depends on contract etc).

I completely understand your standpoint, and not denying that running these engines above their current spec would be detrimental to their longevity, thats a simple engineering given - but I think we have seen many that have done 100k+ miles fully bolt on with no issues. Anyway, as always everyone will jump to their comfort levels and thats the most important thing to note.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Topic ! Parts ................

I think you are talking from the perspective of a person who is fundamentally representing your age group (making an assumption here about your age); not being coy or meaning to demean you in anyway but a 20/30 something wont be selling their performance parts because all of a sudden, 3+ years after release of the S550 they are worried about it going boom. Sure there may be one or two, not discounting that but that the tail of the bell curve.

As a person who is actively looking for a couple parts, I see these posts and most people are trading in on new vehicles (most dealer prefer stock car) or lease is up in which case it needs to be stock (again this depends on contract etc).

I completely understand your standpoint, and not denying that running these engines above their current spec would be detrimental to their longevity, thats a simple engineering given - but I think we have seen many that have done 100k+ miles fully bolt on with no issues. Anyway, as always everyone will jump to their comfort levels and thats the most important thing to note.
Maybe it is the attitude towards others that has been misleading and has become distracting at times when all that I would prefer is a conversation about how best to express a valid explanation with intelegent courses of action . Sure my age and background may play a part with my own dicuss with the amature tom foolery . In the end it is still the owners responsibility for his or her loss .....................

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Maybe it is the attitude towards others that has been misleading and has become distracting at times when all that I would prefer is a conversation about how best to express a valid explanation with intelegent courses of action . Sure my age and background may play a part with my own dicuss with the amature tom foolery . In the end it is still the owners responsibility for his or her loss .....................
Did you misspell intelligent on purpose? :p
Seriously tho, unless I am speaking to a mechanic I know and trust everything I read I take with a grain of salt. It took me having the car for 6 months before I did one thing to it, but once I did that it sort of went through the avalanche. In the end up I modded it to what I consider my "safe" level.. My instructions to the tuner were to leave it at a safe level and I think I have that.

We all want that peace of mind, yet our desire always burns to make things go quicker especially when it in the sporty and sexy silhouette of a S550 Mustang! Its the first car I have ever bolted anything performance related as previously my cars were 4x4's or commuters!

Anyway I keep reading here and when you filter through some of the extreme views there are some damn good people on these forums

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Topic ! Parts .....

Did you misspell intelligent on purpose? :p
Seriously tho, unless I am speaking to a mechanic I know and trust everything I read I take with a grain of salt. It took me having the car for 6 months before I did one thing to it, but once I did that it sort of went through the avalanche. In the end up I modded it to what I consider my "safe" level.. My instructions to the tuner were to leave it at a safe level and I think I have that.

We all want that peace of mind, yet our desire always burns to make things go quicker especially when it in the sporty and sexy silhouette of a S550 Mustang! Its the first car I have ever bolted anything performance related as previously my cars were 4x4's or commuters!

Anyway I keep reading here and when you filter through some of the extreme views there are some damn good people on these forums
Intelligence oh yeah ... I'm still looking for mine ... I bought a bunch of junk I have not even put on me car yet after 3 years . Sway bars , Bushings , FMIC , Ceramic Paint sealer . Struts shocks and springs .. I need the bolts to drop the entire cradle ( crossmember ) Rear subframe . Whatever FOMOCO refers to it . Looking this stuff up is time consuming and I am tired from too much overtime at work ..... i like it I love it I need more of it ..

Be Cool Stay Cozy ......................
Sponsored