Sponsored

Mustang colors

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I think people these days go for a "grayscale" color on a car. I see black, white, and some sort of gray colors as being most popular on a vehicle. Oddball colors don't sell as well because it takes a specific kind of buyer for 'em. Grayscale color cars are neutral and are liked by both genders as nothing too flashy nor too boring.
The McMansion rainbow: white, grey, silver, black ;)

Reactions: Ebm

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Is there anyone like me that thinks that there's not enough color choices for Mustang. What color or colors would you like to see availably for Mustang.
I had a 2002 Focus that had a color that was called Grabber Green I'd like to see that one on Mustang.
Really? There are 14 color choices for 2019, I can't think of any other car that has that many.

Three Blues
Three Reds
Two Greens
Silver
Black
Yellow
Orange
White
Grey

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
Is there anyone like me that thinks that there's not enough color choices for Mustang. What color or colors would you like to see availably for Mustang.
I had a 2002 Focus that had a color that was called Grabber Green I'd like to see that one on Mustang.
Gulf Stream Blue.
IMG_2245 (1).JPG

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Really? There are 14 color choices for 2019, I can't think of any other car that has that many.

Three Blues
Three Reds
Two Greens
Silver
Black
Yellow
Orange
White
Grey
Two blues - Kona and Velocity
Two reds - Race Red and Ruby
No yellow in 2019.

Unless you are counting GT350 colors, which are a different color bank.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Three Blues
Three Reds
Two Greens
Silver
Black
Yellow
Orange
White
Grey
Really that's one thing I can say for Dodge you can get lots of different colors on Challenger and Charger. And by the way there is no yellow and Need for Green isn't a green I really like. I like the DHG but you can't have it unless you buy a Bullitt and no proper grey. Magnetic is ok but I'd like a grey more like Lead Foot Grey. Orange Fury is nice but I'd like a truly orange color like Competition Orange.

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Really that's one thing I can say for Dodge you can get lots of different colors on Challenger and Charger. And by the way there is no yellow and Need for Green isn't a green I really like. I like the DHG but you can't have it unless you buy a Bullitt and no proper grey. Magnetic is ok but I'd like a grey more like Lead Foot Grey. Orange Fury is nice but I'd like a truly orange color like Competition Orange.
Yep, I would like an orange like 1997 Mustang Autumn Orange. Orange Fury doesn't do it for me.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I'd like to see an S550 in bright metallic purple, maybe with white stripes. Don't think I'd want one of my own, I love my LB, but I'd like to see it.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Dark Emerald Green
1977_00041_01.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
And this thread confirms that you can't make everyone happy... :lol:

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
as i have stated many times in these forums, back in the day they offered way more color choices and was all painted "by hand"! with technology today and just punching in a "color code" the paint booth and computer does the rest. OFFER the COMPLETE lineup of colors across the board for ALL cars and let us choose what color we want...
seems they think this will cost 'millions' with all the customization, but in reality they just put in the code and there you have it....
use the technology you were given for once....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
as i have stated many times in these forums, back in the day they offered way more color choices and was all painted "by hand"! with technology today and just punching in a "color code" the paint booth and computer does the rest. OFFER the COMPLETE lineup of colors across the board for ALL cars and let us choose what color we want...
seems they think this will cost 'millions' with all the customization, but in reality they just put in the code and there you have it....
The manufacturer's automated system may hold multiple colors and it may be able to call up any color with the push of a button, but there's still a limit on the size of the mechanism used to hold and select the colors.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The main reason they don't do this is for reliability in color matching. If they did color mixing on the spot in small batches for individual cars then it would be much harder to color match. Currently the paint for cars is often mixed in very large batches, so the end result is much more reliable than mixing say one gallon at time.

In fact, thats why manufacturers often switch paint colors. (poor reliability of matching for repairs, replacement parts, etc.) If a color fades too quickly or the manufacturer can't keep the color reliable from batch to batch they'll switch.

The parts need to match perfectly from car to car, so you could take a mirror or fender paint it and replace it and it will match the rest of the car.
Sponsored