Sponsored

Tuner in Austin or surrounding area

ThugHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT; 2017 Explorer Sport (The wife's)
Looking to tune my '18 GT and get a bit more power out of it. Not really wanting an N Gauge or handheld. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
High PSI Performance did my header install and I believe they tune as well. Not sure if they've done any 18's or not.

OP
OP

ThugHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT; 2017 Explorer Sport (The wife's)
Thanks, I will check them out and give them a call.

Nice, they're in Harker Heights too. I'm not too far from them in Georgetown/Florence.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
High PSI Performance did my header install and I believe they tune as well. Not sure if they've done any 18's or not.
I don’t like how they tuned my 17 Mustang GT procharger. I think they kept it on a safe tune. They didn’t even call me during the dyno day after I told them to call me. Their labor prices and are good though.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don’t like how they tuned my 17 Mustang GT procharger. I think they kept it on a safe tune. They didn’t even call me during the dyno day after I told them to call me. Their labor prices and are good though.
That's good to know. I'd contact Lund. They'll set you straight on a remote tune. Lots of data logging to the point where it's safe and makes great power. Not to mention really fast response times mostly.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That's good to know. I'd contact Lund. They'll set you straight on a remote tune. Lots of data logging to the point where it's safe and makes great power. Not to mention really fast response times mostly.
I want to go Lund or PBD last because I want to see the car on dyno. I heard good things from both. I’m in Killeen area and stopped by Sunshine performance. The tuner will be there this Wednesday. You heard about the tuning from Sunshine performance?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I want to go Lund or PBD last because I want to see the car on dyno. I heard good things from both. I’m in Killeen area and stopped by Sunshine performance. The tuner will be there this Wednesday. You heard about the tuning from Sunshine performance?
Nope. I know there's a lot of them around and I'm sure you'll run into a very capable one. Really comes down to experience and number of Mustangs tuned. Shops that tune a variety tend to stay on the safer side. I ended up with Lund because they solely focus on Mustangs. You would be amazed at what the tuners can do with data logging on the street in comparison with a dyno tune remotely even with FI.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nope. I know there's a lot of them around and I'm sure you'll run into a very capable one. Really comes down to experience and number of Mustangs tuned. Shops that tune a variety tend to stay on the safer side. I ended up with Lund because they solely focus on Mustangs. You would be amazed at what the tuners can do with data logging on the street in comparison with a dyno tune remotely even with FI.
After your headers installed, did they tune your car as well? I’m just curious the power difference between the two? I was quoted $500 for the headers install a couple of months back.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
After your headers installed, did they tune your car as well? I’m just curious the power difference between the two? I was quoted $500 for the headers install a couple of months back.
Nope, I was still on a stock tune. I was dead set on Lund doing it for just bolt-ons because of the feedback everyone gave. When I get my supercharger, I'll still use Lund as well.

That's how much it was to do my headers too.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nope, I was still on a stock tune. I was dead set on Lund doing it for just bolt-ons because of the feedback everyone gave. When I get my supercharger, I'll still use Lund as well.

That's how much it was to do my headers too.
I’ll try to contact Lund and ask. How long it took to get your tune down packed?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’ll try to contact Lund and ask. How long it took to get your tune down packed?
Only took a few on 93 octane. When I was doing flex fuel, it took about 5 days because I could only log and respond after work and by that time they were closed. That and also changing fuel types. They would send a revision in the next morning. Now if I wasn't working during the day, I could probably get a lot of it all done in a day or two. They respond pretty quick.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Only took a few on 93 octane. When I was doing flex fuel, it took about 5 days because I could only log and respond after work and by that time they were closed. That and also changing fuel types. They would send a revision in the next morning. Now if I wasn't working during the day, I could probably get a lot of it all done in a day or two. They respond pretty quick.
Nice. I’ll check them out after checking these couple shops close by. Thanks man.
Sponsored