Sponsored

Texas Speed (TSP) Headers

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm attempting to pull this thread from the dead! I'm very interested in the Texas Speed Headers, and after reading 22 pages I still haven't found (or maybe I missed) what people think of them paired with a Roush or Whipple blower. I'll be going charged at the end of this year and just wondering if the headers will stand to the test, thoughts?

Why would they not last the test with a blower? The blower will have no affect on them, they just escape the exhaust fumes. The TSP and OBX are pretty similar and should do well for you. Unless you have an extra 900.00 that you really need to spend. Than you could buy ARH or Kook's and feel good about spending more for the same.

This header debate is really getting old on here. Many years ago, people were buying mild steel headers and they were lasting a while. Now we think Stainless with thicker flanges won't last the test of time.
Sponsored

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Stay tuned, yes I will be running active exhaust with this

Notsoslow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Hey guys, ever since I’ve installed my TSP catless headers I’ve had a pretty bad exhaust leak from the slip joints on the fake cats. I have done every thing, even tried muffler paste to attempt to seal the leak. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the setup? I have no idea what could be causing this as I have aligned the system perfectly and tightened the clamps very very tight. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions!

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, ever since I’ve installed my TSP catless headers I’ve had a pretty bad exhaust leak from the slip joints on the fake cats. I have done every thing, even tried muffler paste to attempt to seal the leak. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the setup? I have no idea what could be causing this as I have aligned the system perfectly and tightened the clamps very very tight. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions!

Crappy clamps can create exhaust leaks. Add some Dynomax band clamps and you'll be set.

There are pictures in the Maximizer headers thread.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did the same. An exhaust welded a little on the area with the slits. No more leak. Cost me $20

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
So I haven't been on the forum in a year or so. I've been enjoying my 2015 :) And just got notice of my warranty expiration. The world is now my proverbial oyster.

The only mods I have are Corsa Sport AB exhaust and a UPR H pipe. Oh and some sway bars but thats not relative to this post.

I live in TX and love the idea of buying Texan, as well as saving money. These headers look like a good choice. I have a bunch of research to do but any clips on what these sound like with Corsa mufflers and an H pipe would be awesome. Also of high importance are, thoughts on the different available tunes.
I've loved the sound of my Corsa's, and am now ready to enjoy some mild performance gains offered by LT's. I will likely go with catted, unless I am confident I can pass TX emissions and not have to worry too much about running rich.

Any advice and sound clips would be more than welcome.

Sponsored

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I haven't been on the forum in a year or so. I've been enjoying my 2015 :) And just got notice of my warranty expiration. The world is now my proverbial oyster.

The only mods I have are Corsa Sport AB exhaust and a UPR H pipe. Oh and some sway bars but thats not relative to this post.

I live in TX and love the idea of buying Texan, as well as saving money. These headers look like a good choice. I have a bunch of research to do but any clips on what these sound like with Corsa mufflers and an H pipe would be awesome. Also of high importance are, thoughts on the different available tunes.
I've loved the sound of my Corsa's, and am now ready to enjoy some mild performance gains offered by LT's. I will likely go with catted, unless I am confident I can pass TX emissions and not have to worry too much about running rich.

Any advice and sound clips would be more than welcome.
Dont get caught up on the whole texas thing. As far as I know they are made in China...lol.. but does it really matter.. they are great headers. Especially for the price. Its the same as stainless power and stainless works.. they look the same to me.. just a diffrent warranty