Sponsored

Prices holding pretty well. Compare to RS3

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
The only way a German car stops losing value after that 50% is if the blinker lights are never used.:D :lol:
Or a Dieselgate event.....
Sponsored

Hoodoo

Runs With Scissors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't feel like they fail much more than domestic cars, at this point but the fact is, owning a Ford that's out of warranty is much easier on the wallet than most any German car.
The underwriters of the aftermarket warranty I bought for my 2004 911 would agree. :D German cars are a joy to drive, but a bad one will drain your wallet faster than alcoholic stripper with a gambling problem.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
As much as I joke about German cars, I still want a B8.5 S4 for a daily driver (2013+ or so). I found nothing unreasonably wrong with quality etc etc. The one I test drove (83,000 miles) still felt tight, the trans was quick and wasn't stumbling, and the paint still looked good.
My 2014 B8.5 is my daily. 73,000 miles and it still drives like it did new .Not one interior rattle and the steering wheel (flat bottom) is the best I ever had . I traded in my 4 years old E90 M3 when it was out of warranty.I had driven that through 5 Indiana winters on snow tires and had been tempted to supercharge it due to it's lack of torque .
Best decision I ever made as the S4 has been rock solid and has plenty of torque as a daily . I have thought about an APR tune/pulley but feel it's fast and torquey enough for a daily driven street car . Not one check engine light and with snow tires I feel like I should be wearing a red cape in winter.It looks great lowered with wider rear wheels .Its definitely a keeper since I have an extended warranty until 120,000 miles .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
And you can not get a Manual with the B9 S4 which is now turbo . I test drove one (B9) and while it's probably faster I much prefer the looks of the B8-8.5's and the lack of manual is a deal breaker .
I will stick with manuals for a daily as I have an auto/TT mustang for the drag strip .

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Audi... literally EVERYONE I know who owns or has owned one more than 3 years old owns an oil burning device and the interior "aluminum" trim pieces are flaking off. Garbage cars, IMO. I'm no Ford die-hard, but I'd rather have a GT350 over any Audi.
My brother had an early 2000s A8 4.2 w/80K mi and the thing had practically zero issues.

The RS3 is I'm sure bad ass little sedan. I prefer my Mustang GT over one personally. But the RS3 is great too albeit too expensive.

Sponsored

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I Really like the car, while I feel for me it was between a Audi TTRS and my GT350 I just felt the 350 had more character to it. I dont drag race and use my cars for HPDEs backroad's and Daily Driving. The 5 cyl. (My second favorate to the Voodoo engine) is a awesome engine and the chassis is rock solid, with crisp shifts.
My wife is up for a new car and while a RS3 is way more than she would use or want, we will have a S3 or S4 in the garage soon.

Last edited:

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've got to disagree with some of the comments posted. I've owned 6 Audis which my wife and I used as our daily drivers. My wife had a B6, B7, and B8 A4 while I had a B6 S4, B7 Stasis A4, and B8 S4. I owned each of these for 5 years and my wife regularly hit 100,000 miles by trade in. None of them ever burned oil and none of them ever had a single mechanical problem. The interiors and exteriors looked like new when we traded them on a new Audi. I traded in my B8 S4 about a year ago and received about 65% of the original value after 5 years of daily driving the car. We don't currently own an Audi but I have nothing but good things to say about them after owning 6 of them.

On the other hand, my current daily is a BMW X5 and I don't have much good to say about it. It has been in the shop twice already for various electrical problems.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
The RS3 has been on my toy list for some time. I thought about getting a GT350 R to keep my regular GT350 company, but I'm not a track rat. I just like road driving and cars in general.

I'm down to the RS3 or a AMG C63 S Coupe. Having trouble deciding.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Too bad the RS3 is not available with a manual trans. It's been 20 years since I had a 5 cylinder in my life - like the voodoo, they're special.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So the RS3 recently was recently reviewed against a GT350.. I thought it was interesting that used RS3s are popping up for over $10k off MSRP. The example I was just looking at has <1000 miles.

All cars depreciate but it looks like the GT350 is way above the curve.
Tough to compare IMO. Here is another comparison. I bought my 2015 5.0 for 40K and traded in after 16 months. I got 31K on trade in for a GT350 and paid 58K . Its trade worth at 22 months is now 45K. Its about 25% trade depreciation on both. And, I drive the 350 a lot less. If you private sell, you can add a few thousand. So, I don't think the Gt350 is holding great value at this time.

However, I think the 350 will depreciate slower than the 5.0 in the next couple years.

:cheers:

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Prices to me are shocking mainly because people were paying so much over sticker (I know of several sales on regular GT350's at $10K over in late 2016) and now to think people are selling for, let's say, $50K... so, if someone paid $10K over, they'd be at around $70K and losing $20K in one year. That's a stupid loss for a "rare/unique/limited" car of this nature if you ask me.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have owned many an Audi and currently have a 16 A3 and an 18 Q5. Never again will I buy vs lease a German vehicle. The A3 is my daily now that the wife picked up the new Q5 with the virtual dash. Fancy stuff! I love the lil A3. If you do not know what an RS3 is or its capabilities you have been under an automotive boulder. LOL

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
While I do realize there will be a bias, considering the site we're on, I'm surprised at some of the blind ignorance going on here. Not to argue if it's good or bad but when you say "I've never owned one but I hear they suck, so they suck", is....

I have a 10 year old Audi and it's still worth 50% of what it was new. See if our Mustangs hold up there. Just like any brand, the enthusiast models always do better.

Obviously, I like them both - so I'm not trying to convince anyone but at least get informed before you put up your walls. Like the sound of the GT350s FPC, the 5-pot Audi scream is loved by many.
My Mach1 was 10yrs old when it was wrecked. I still got 17k from insurance for it with mods and 36K on it. It was 29K new. A low milage (sub 10k) Mach1 still sells for ~20K when they are 15yrs old now.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Regular Car Guy ranting on this VW Golf in the beginning is hilarious and sad at the same time. Hilarious because he's funny...sad because the quality of German cars has gone down. The new BMW M3 has the fake news piped in audio engine sound as well. "We're Volkswagon...so shove it up your ass."

[ame]

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Regular Car Guy ranting on this VW Golf in the beginning is hilarious and sad at the same time. Hilarious because he's funny...sad because the quality of German cars has gone down. The new BMW M3 has the fake news piped in audio engine sound as well. "We're Volkswagon...so shove it up your ass."

General and absolute statements are bogus. all German cars have not gone downhill. In fact I would argue the opposite in terms of technology and performance.
Sponsored