Sponsored

2018 GT low rpm engine rattle, cylinder damage pics, Ford buyback process

Do you have engine rattle in low rpm range that sounds like mine?

• Yes, but have not taken it to dealer

Votes: 146 42.6%
  • Yes, but dealer said it was normal

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • Yes, Ford approved short block, long block or whole engine

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Yes, other repair was performed

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • No

Votes: 114 33.2%

• Total voters

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Was able to show them the sound. They will start a claim with ford. Manager's suggestion is for a a new long block. Ford may approve a short block but I'd rather have a long block.
Well...thats that, im taking mine in. Mine is also getting louder with usage. At this point there's no denial i have engine issues......f*ck!:frusty::mad: Thanks for the diligent updates man, much appreciated. Thanks bigriver as well for all your info. Hopefully this goes smoothly.......What sucks is that this is not my purchase dealer and i live in a small town so this is the only dealer within a 40 mile radius. :tsk:
Sponsored

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
bigriver, which side were you damaged cylinders ? driver or passenger side ? I have a borescope, I will take a look on mine. You were talking 5-8 right ?

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
bigriver, which side were you damaged cylinders ? driver or passenger side ? I have a borescope, I will take a look on mine. You were talking 5-8 right ?
He said 5-8 which i believe are on the drivers side

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Well...thats that, im taking mine in. Mine is also getting louder with usage. At this point there's no denial i have engine issues......f*ck!:frusty::mad: Thanks for the diligent updates man, much appreciated. Thanks bigriver as well for all your info. Hopefully this goes smoothly.......What sucks is that this is not my purchase dealer and i live in a small town so this is the only dealer within a 40 mile radius. :tsk:
All thanks go to Big River. He is the captain on the boat of sorrows lol.

I did not go to my purchase dealer. In fact... I dont even want to deal with them. Dont want them to be like "ahhh fuck not this guy again". I went to a shop recommended by Ford's hotline and one that does factory installed super chargers.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Yes 5-8. Driver’s side.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Was able to show them the sound. They will start a claim with ford. Manager's suggestion is for a a new long block. Ford may approve a short block but I'd rather have a long block.
Push for Long block but yeah Ford will just approve short block.

Keep all repair orders and start reading up on lemon law in your state.

Ready the owners manual section on lemon law as well.

Finally call Ford customer relations and open up a case.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Push for Long block but yeah Ford will just approve short block.

Keep all repair orders and start reading up on lemon law in your state.

Ready the owners manual section on lemon law as well.

Finally call Ford customer relations and open up a case.
When should I call customer relations.

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Let us know the results.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
When should I call customer relations.
As soon as you can so you can start documenting your issues in Ford's system.

Did you ask your original dealer to look at the rattle? If so, be sure to get a copy of the repair order. If there is damage to your engine, this counts as the first attempt at repair.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Hopefully you dont have a problem, but it is good to be safe. Plus if there is a problem, the longer you wait, the more miles accumulate that count as a usage deduction for lemon law purposes.

Sponsored

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Hopefully you dont have a problem, but it is good to be safe. Plus if there is a problem, the longer you wait, the more miles accumulate that count as a usage deduction for lemon law purposes.
Im praying theres nothing wrong, but its progressively getting louder and at a wider RPM range(1800-2700 now)....either that or im paying way too much attention, which im doing lol. I dont drive now....i listen, intently.:headbonk:

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Im praying theres nothing wrong, but its progressively getting louder and at a wider RPM range(1800-2700 now)....either that or im paying way too much attention, which im doing lol. I dont drive now....i listen, intently.:headbonk:
Lmfao!!!

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
LOL I blame it on active exhaust. Quiet mode let's you hear everything. If stock was louder and no active exhaust, I wouldn't notice it lol.

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Bigriver: those vids you put up on your first post, are those with the windows up or down? Thats what mine sounds like with both windows down. Its nowhere near that loud with the windows up.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Bigriver: those vids you put up on your first post, are those with the windows up or down? Thats what mine sounds like with both windows down. Its nowhere near that loud with the windows up.
Windows up. It is louder with windows down but then there is also road and wind noise.
Sponsored