Sponsored

Oil Change Interval

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I did my first change around 2500 miles or so (can't remember exactly). Since then, I just do it when the car tells me to. I'm adding several quarts between changes, so I figure my oil is actually in much better shape than the car thinks it is anyway.

-T
Sponsored

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
With the amsoil oil I'm using, I feel more confident doing an annual oil change than with Motorcraft it originally came with. Hopefully amsoil has a filter out for it next time I do it.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
With the amsoil oil I'm using, I feel more confident doing an annual oil change than with Motorcraft it originally came with. Hopefully amsoil has a filter out for it next time I do it.
I’d go this route too. Everything else on/in the car is Amsoil or will be.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
First oil change on the 1 year anniversary and 1675 miles.
Man, how do you stay out of the seat on this car? I'll drive mine 250 miles out of the way and back for Sunday Mass just to get it out on the highway!

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’d go this route too. Everything else on/in the car is Amsoil or will be.
Has anyone here been able to find (in U.S.) this type of Castrol oil?
It meets the requirement for GT350.... Ford WSS-M2C931-C
EA3BD4D1-5DCB-4C32-855C-1DB2E637E1EC.jpeg

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I run Castrol Edge 5W50 in my '16 RZR 1000 S, but it doesn't have any special requirement from Polaris and it only has 800 miles. This one is made for Ford GT which is an Ecoboost with high PSI. I know people with Turbo RZRs run mostly Rotella brand, but once again RZRs are 1000cc or less. It'll probably cost more than what I'm paying for amsoil since it's a new product.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What is a "oil change indicator light"? No seriously, no way could I wait that long between changes. Not on a new engine design with an 8250 red line. Plus, I drive the shit out of it every time out. Changed the OE at 900, then every 5000 with Ansoil. 16,000 miles on the clock in 2 1/2 years.

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
When you guys change your oil, do you usually go to the dealership to maintain the vehicle or third party shops? And how much do you usually pay for an oil change? I wanted to stick with 1 place to maintain this car for the whole period of time I own this vehicle and I feel like dealerships will always overcharge. Would anyone recommend a spot to maintain the vehicle in Queens , NY ??

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
When you guys change your oil, do you usually go to the dealership to maintain the vehicle or third party shops? And how much do you usually pay for an oil change? I wanted to stick with 1 place to maintain this car for the whole period of time I own this vehicle and I feel like dealerships will always overcharge. Would anyone recommend a spot to maintain the vehicle in Queens , NY ??
Do it myself. I am the only one I trust.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I haven't gotten into the process of changing my own on this car yet. Typically I do all of that stuff myself but I wanted the dealership to do the first one, and that was at 4500 miles when I decided to do the first one after checking it a lot. So I'll probably let them do it the first year or so, then start doing it myself once I get used to jacking this car up in the air.

On average it's 3-5k, but it really depends on the vehicle. I keep an eye on the oil quality and level, and that usually tells me.

kesando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Camry
I second this question as I'm in a shared indoor parking lot. Hell im grateful to have a garage for this car at all.