Sponsored

PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
It will fit. This is much ahead of that. The aftermarket K braces that sit behind the engine can interfere.
thanks for clearing that up!
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Thanks for the thread. Next oil change I'm going to do the lower k brace.

Nevermind about where to get them. I see that I can just order them from places like levittownfordparts.

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got both braces installed tonight. Honestly can't believe how much difference it made and I already had the 2 point Steeda front braces and Steeda IRS Supports. Anyone on the fence about this - don't be - do it.

Also a small, regular gear puller will handle the windshield wipers easily. Just don't be startled when you hear POP and the arm comes off. Nothing is broken - I promise.

Ratcheting, swivel head 1/2" wrench makes this too easy.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Planning on doing mine in the morning. Probably going to do the washers for now on the STB to clear the intake manifold, but going to try to find another cowl brace to finish it up better.

I bought a windshield wiper puller tool the other day so hopefully I can easily figure that out and finish it up pretty quick.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well my wiper puller tool doesn't work at all, base isn't deep enough to fit properly so it can't be centered properly and just falls off as it gets tightened. So as a tip for everyone else, don't bother with this tool.

Going to see if I can get one of these somewhere instead.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up grabbing one just about the same from Pep Boys, was able to knock things out in a about a half hour or so once I got back with that.

As usual, thanks to M6G guys for the guide and the tips throughout the thread!

I may do the lower k brace at some point in the future, but just the upper pieces for now and once I can find another cowl brace for cheap, I'll use that to do a better job of a spacer for the STB to fit.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=11524]Kevin08[/MENTION] I forgot I snapped this pic of the lip of the firewall that you mentioned (this shot is looking at the hole closest to the passenger side). Obviously the brace in my pic is on top where it should be underneath, but I was just figuring it out and trying to see if I could save myself the trip to Pep Boys lol
IMG_20180421_103545.jpg

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
It's weird that the first tool didn't work for you - that's basically what the one I used was, not sure if was any deeper or not.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
You can install without the wiper tool if you block up the plastic piece with whatever works to set the gap. Then you don't pinch the back of your hand.

I used small blocks of wood I had lying around.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do the extension brace or just the cowl brace? I couldn't for the life of me get the extension brace under the lip without removing that wiper arm. Once the wiper arm is off you get a LOT more clearance that actually allows manipulating the brace into place.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
So has anyone with the 20" rim package / PP confirmed if the smaller brace is installed under there as well??

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Great write-up. It took me all of 5 minutes peeking around the car to realize I don't have any of this - of course I didn't expect to since it's just a premium car w/o any performance pack. So instead of the extension what's there right now is a piece of plastic. Ugh...

I also don't have the cross-member underneath of course. So that's gotta be dealt with. I'll do all of this together since the strut and cowling brace are on the way.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Maybe this question is for another thread, I read that the convertibles have an extra bracing on the underside for stiffening up the chassis since they lack a roof. Would adding that have any benefits for fastbacks?
Sponsored