Sponsored

PP brake pad temp range?

J.P.B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Oh by the way, I had seen this quite a while ago, but was recently reminded: the GT350 master cylinder is the same as the base GT (non PP). The claim is BS.
THAT is very good to know!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So out of curiosity how much interest would there be in something like this..if it were available? :shrug:
Would love it, but probably not the price, at least at the moment.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
How hard could it be to cast up 1-piece rotors with the air inlet on the back side? I bet they'd even come in a little lighter than the non-PP design, since the hat portion wouldn't have to be as deep. Better back-side airflow ought to more than compensate for the longer heat path from disc to hub in the front-side design.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How hard could it be to cast up 1-piece rotors with the air inlet on the back side? I bet they'd even come in a little lighter than the non-PP design, since the hat portion wouldn't have to be as deep. Better back-side airflow ought to more than compensate for the longer heat path from disc to hub in the front-side design.

Norm
See post 89 and 90 :)

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
See post 89 and 90 :)
Even without an aluminum hat section, a rotor with back-side air inlet should end up being lighter. The aluminum-hat 2-piece should be better at insulating the hubs against brake heat, though.

Norm

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Let me say that I really appreciate all the technical talk about the non-PP brakes. I took it hard on the OEM rotor+pads for one lap and after 3 transitions I lost all confidence (on 265/45R18 RE71R). I've since installed data acq so we'll have video and live data the next time I go out. My local track (Gimli) has a nice run-off on the first turn after the long straight and I'm not afraid to pucker up.

The system has to be somewhat salvageable. I have GLOC 12&10s but I haven't installed them since I read they get too hot and I hadn't yet bought another set of rotors or installed cooling because, well, time (my second son was born) and money (we bought a bigger house with a shop). I'd even consider setting up some kind of IR sensor on the rotor.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
There should be a series of sticky threads in this forum - one should be what to do about non-pp brakes. Guess we veered off the original subject a bit, but I don't mind. Might be hard for someone searching for info to find it though.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Want to add that I did a two day track event at Eagle's Canyon, which is very hard on brakes, and the 14" non-PP rotors and calipers with Powerstop Track Day pads held up really well. I was not on the stickiest rubber (340TW Firestone Indy 500) and more importantly I did not try to threshold brake every braking zone of every lap.
Sponsored