Sponsored

Rear Brakes - To match the PP fronts?

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
If you upgrade the rears you will likely need to update the ABS logic to account for the new brake bias.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not sure you're understanding the vehicle dynamics going on here. Increasing braking capability/torque at the rear will only make the feeling you're describing worse when you're really braking hard. You need a higher friction pad for the front and rear calipers so that the brake bias is maintained, but braking capability as a whole goes up. The reason the car gets squirrely? You're braking harder, which transfers more weight to the front and takes load off the back. Adding more braking power at the back could actually make it come around.
Right. Or you are trail braking too much.

If all the braking is up front because the rear brakes faded, the car would push, NOT get loose.

I agree I don't like the look. But from a performance per dollar standpoint, cheaping out on the rear brakes makes sense.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Off topic again - bottom line, rear brake hardware is shot...overheated too many times, need new stuff, looking for an upgrade. So far the best option appears to be going to 350 brakes all around. Anyone know the answers to my backspacing questions?

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Off topic again - bottom line, rear brake hardware is shot...overheated too many times, need new stuff, looking for an upgrade. So far the best option appears to be going to 350 brakes all around. Anyone know the answers to my backspacing questions?
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the previous posts as off-topic. They are just trying help you make an informed decision with upgrading your brakes.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Sounds like you need the driver mod if you are smoking the rear brakes. I can manage 5+ 30 minute sessions in Texas summer heat on a road course and not smoke the brakes.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What pads and fluid are you running? Stock GTPP pads hold up quite well to heavy track use, especially with upgraded fluid. Either youve done something to downgrade the performance of your brakes or you're doing something seriously wrong behind the wheel.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
For all of this hard driving, how much TC and AdvanceTrak activity is there? You'd probably need to have a separate observer along for the ride because at the times when they'd activate you're probably kind of busy with other matters. Like looking out the windshield to keep the car pointed down the black part as best you can all by your-own-self.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned - those systems will work the rear brakes when you're not using the brake pedal at all.

I suppose another possibility might be the P-brake over-adjusting. I find it hard to believe that rotor and pad thickness expansions would be enough, but I suppose that could be contributing here.

Norm
Sponsored