Sponsored

Sold it back.

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well I finally am rid of my headache. I had my mustang (2018 GT 10spd)in the shop for a new valve body at just over 2,000miles. And ever since it would miss a shift once in a while. The dealer was never able to replicate it, but every few hundred miles it would lock the rear end up when shifting from 3 to 4 under acceleration.

I did everything I could to get the dealer to help me. Unfortunately the only thing I was able to do was sell it back to the dealer wholesale and take a bath on the whole thing.

I'm glad it's gone, but I wish it would have worked right because it was such a fun car. Until it tried to kill you anyways.
Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Should of lemon lawed it. Drew your own bath. :frusty:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why didn’t you call the Ford 800# and do a Buy Back with Ford? You would have had the option of either 1) getting into another new Mustang OR 2) you walk away from Ford and they refund your full purchase excluding minor fees.

There’s TONS of info about the Buy Back process in the TSB/Problem subforum on here.

Unless you did do the Buy Back and that’s not clear from your post, it surely sounds like the Dealer hosed you and pulled a fast one on you... the Buy Back would not have been “wholesale”, it’s strictly MSRP cost.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Sucks to hear OP but I'm not worried since my new car is a manual. One less thing to worry about. I'll change the clutch at 100k and probably be all.

Sponsored

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Sucks to hear OP but I'm not worried since my new car is a manual. One less thing to worry about. I'll change the clutch at 100k and probably be all.
yeah good luck with those shift forks

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Should have gone for a stick shift, less complicated, less issues more fun.
Dude ya gotta let it go. About 60% of the buying public disagrees with you. We don’t have to turn everything into a manual vs auto pissing match.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
WHEW SO GLAD I DIDN'T GET THE [10SPEED AUTO] I HEAR ALL THOSE HAVE PROBLEMS.

/most of the fear mongers on this forum about anything 2018-related.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Next thread. I'm selling my car because I heard 2018 engines blow up and transmissions lock up in that exact order. Lol

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Why didn’t you call the Ford 800# and do a Buy Back with Ford? You would have had the option of either 1) getting into another new Mustang OR 2) you walk away from Ford and they refund your full purchase excluding minor fees.

There’s TONS of info about the Buy Back process in the TSB/Problem subforum on here.

Unless you did do the Buy Back and that’s not clear from your post, it surely sounds like the Dealer hosed you and pulled a fast one on you... the Buy Back would not have been “wholesale”, it’s strictly MSRP cost.
I agree that you had a lousy dealer. Where there no others you could have gone to? Did the dealer even attempt to get a Ford engineer involved? If worse came to worse and you still like the car you may have been able to work out a deal to get them to put a new transmission in and you would pay for it at their actual cost. Probably 50-60% of retail. That should have been less than the bath you took selling it back to the dealer. The dealer would not have bought it back if they didn’t see a lot of $$$$ profit in it for them.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Dude ya gotta let it go. About 60% of the buying public disagrees with you. We don’t have to turn everything into a manual vs auto pissing match.
Let what go? Im not turning everything into a man auto debate but it's obvious she wouldn't be having these issues if bought a manaul. Not sure where you're getting 60% from but over half are manual in UK

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
To be honest, if my house was paid off, I'd have a manual coupe and an auto convertible and drive them accordingly. Convertible would be red of course :) Not hating on anyone and I hope OP ends up happy with his next car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
World wide production is a 60/40 split. And your right. Autos have different problems than manuals. It’s actually soooooo obivious. It never needed to be said in the first place.
Sponsored

Last edited: