Sponsored

Trip to Sebring with my 350R!

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I've wanted to go to Sebring ever since I got into doing track days, and I'm glad I finally did. What a track! I've gotten used to the newer, tighter tracks in my area (NCM, Barber, AMP) which, don't get me wrong, are a ton of fun, but this car was built for tracks like Sebring! Nothing like 120+ mph through Bishops Bend, except for 147 mph down the Ulmann Straight! Ended up with a best lap of 2:23.97 which I'm pretty happy with for my first time at Sebring.

Sorry about the over exposed in car footage. Just got a new GoPro 6, and not sure what really went wrong there.:frusty: Never had that problem with my Hero 3. Also, this was my first time using an external mic, which I broke trying to zip tie the wind sock around it, and ended up with a crappy static noise. It's a learning process and I'll get this all worked out for future Videos though.

Enjoy the Video, and please like and Subscribe!

[ame]
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
cool video man - what's that phone mount you're using on mirror?

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
cool video man - what's that phone mount you're using on mirror?

Thanks man!

It's a Ram Mirror mate with Ram X-Grip for Iphone 7. It's not very good for recording lap videos, but neither is the Iphone (shaky footage), so I just use it for displaying lap data.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Very cool video - thanks for sharing.

How did you make the headlamps red???

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Very cool video - thanks for sharing.

How did you make the headlamps red???

Thanks!

I did this to my 2015 GT by cracking open the headlights, and installing new boards from Diode Dynamics. Then I kept those headlights, and put stock ones back on my GT before trading it in.

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Video without data and complete laps is not my cup of tea. Moving on ;)

Peter

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Video without data and complete laps is not my cup of tea. Moving on ;)

Peter
My complete best lap is at the end starting at 15:10. I could have overlaid the harrys lap timer over it, but you can see the timer counting lap, and sector times under my mirror in the video anyway. :cheers:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Did you use the R wheels? Looks like you used the standard GT350 ones. I'd think an R owner would be using the CF wheels on the track (I will be).

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Did you use the R wheels? Looks like you used the standard GT350 ones. I'd think an R owner would be using the CF wheels on the track (I will be).
I was using the Carbon wheels on track. The Other wheels are just easier to get it on, and off the trailer since they're taller.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Great job - a 2:23 in a streetable mustang is moving around Sebring, no two ways about it! I haven’t yet timed a lap but I do remember someone trying to correct me when I suggested the car is good for low 20’s with a good driver. We have to drive the race cars 11/10’s to get a 2:23’s in warm weather. Nice work ! The GT350 is an animal on track.

Sponsored

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've wanted to go to Sebring ever since I got into doing track days, and I'm glad I finally did. What a track! I've gotten used to the newer, tighter tracks in my area (NCM, Barber, AMP) which, don't get me wrong, are a ton of fun, but this car was built for tracks like Sebring! Nothing like 120+ mph through Bishops Bend, except for 147 mph down the Ulmann Straight! Ended up with a best lap of 2:23.97 which I'm pretty happy with for my first time at Sebring.
My boy in Nor Cal says Sebring has gone to shit...Not true?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for sharing. I want to get down there, but not enough time.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Great job - a 2:23 in a streetable mustang is moving around Sebring, no two ways about it! I haven’t yet timed a lap but I do remember someone trying to correct me when I suggested the car is good for low 20’s with a good driver. We have to drive the race cars 11/10’s to get a 2:23’s in warm weather. Nice work ! The GT350 is an animal on track.
Thanks! Yes, it really is an animal! People at the track still come up to me all the time to say they had no idea it was that fast.

My boy in Nor Cal says Sebring has gone to shit...Not true?
There seems to be two groups of people when it comes to Sebring. Those that hate the bumpy old surfaces, and those that say that's what makes it so great. I kinda like the roughness. Separates the men from the boys...

Thanks for sharing. I want to get down there, but not enough time.
You definitely should if you get the time.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sebring on the bucket list.
Sponsored