Steeda Progressive Spring review

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
[MENTION=30638]aleccolin[/MENTION]

My recommendation is to go to a PERFORMANCE ALIGNMENT shop, speed shop that does alignments as well (on race cars, for example), or any German car repair house can typically do these things with a modicum of skill considering most German cars are particularly picky about their alignments.

What I do if I'm asked to install springs is simply mark the bolts for all rubber bushings on the suspension with a bright-colored grease pen and in a conspicuous area next to that bolt, put the torque value I want the technician to re-torque to.

Then when you get your alignment, pay the extra few bucks and have the guy (or gal) to first drive the car up on the alignment lift, clock the bushings (explain that means to loosen the bolts marked with the grease pen and re-torque to the number you wrote next to it with a torque wrench, not an air gun). Then after doing so, go through the normal procedure for aligning the car, which typically includes rolling the car forward and backward just a little bit to ensure it's totally settled before taking readings.

You can get away with using a floor jack to put "artificial weight" on the suspension so long as you have the car very securely supported with quality, wide-based jack stands, but frankly that's not always representative of the car's 4-wheel weight distribution and you do run the risk of dropping the car so if you're going to do it, have the wheels on and know the risk.

It is REALLY hard to mess up the manufacture of springs these days. The first patent for a spring was in 1763... we've been making them ever since. It's not the springs. Frankly, according to the photos I've provided here which are cars with Steeda Progressive springs, your car looks totally fine. The gray car has had them on for a little while and the white car just got them installed before the photo was taken. Both of these cars have 20" wheels. I could not find the same cars with PP wheels (I think only one of them is a PP car, but neither of them have a spare tire in the back).
21462855_689467111236438_1928828368117667182_n.jpg
17835021_10208628609974030_1736613030277502992_o.jpg
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help with a set - they are our best selling springs!

TJ

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
[MENTION=30638]aleccolin[/MENTION]
The gray car has had them on for a little while and the white car just got them installed before the photo was taken. Both of these cars have 20" wheels.
Wildcatgoal the wheel/guard gap on the white car looks great from that angle, can you please tell me the wheel width and offset?

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda progressive springs with 275x35x20 front and 305x30x20 rear
progressive.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Steeda progressive springs with 275x35x20 front and 305x30x20 rear
That looks so good. I am a little confused. Some pictures show bigger gaps some almost no gap.:confused:

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That looks so good. I am a little confused. Some pictures show bigger gaps some almost no gap.:confused:
Different tire sizes and aspect ratios from front to rear will change the look of the wheel and tire gap to fender.

Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's 2018 Progressive Spring Stance

New look For 2018! Front fascia will be shipping 01/15/2018
2018 q500.jpg

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
New look For 2018! Front fascia will be shipping 01/15/2018
Leave it to Steeda to fix Ford's underwhelming design choices...even the exterior.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great savings to be had - up to 40% off select Steeda Manufactured Parts!

TJ

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
A True Steeda Believer!

So after having ghostsurfed these forums for reviews on suspension parts for the past two years I pulled the trigger on Black Friday and saved 20% off my entire Steeda order of Progressive Springs, Pro Action (nonadjustable) Shocks/Struts, Front & Rear adjustable sway bars, Rear Shock Mounts, IRS bushing support and alignment kit, Camber plates, and Bumpsteer kit :headbang: *Refer to link for feedback on the other suspension parts besides the Springs*: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

SPECIFICALLY THE SPRINGS:
Only having put 250 miles since the complete suspension overhaul I gotta say I am soooooo happy with the stance, ride quality as well as the roll control, a true win/win. The nose dive is the biggest thing you notice over everything else. I brake a good half second or two later just because I know that the nose will be so expertly controlled (I guess I'm gonna need new brake pads more regularly:headbonk:).

In the turns, the springs (with pro actions and sways) have been remarkable, with a more controlled weight transfer that is another great improvement over the floaty/wobbly way the car would transfer before. I have had no noise from the springs thanks to the rubber covering Steeda provided (I've heard people complain of noisy progressive springs).

The ride height is amazing with my 275x35x20 setup, really fills in the wheel well perfectly. I never thought I would be a fan of rake, but the 1.1" front and 1" rear drops gives it such a more menacing look with the slightest rake. (pictures of rake looked weird to me, so glad to see it in person) Only downside is that now I gotta remove my MMD mud flaps due to the ride height in the front, they scrape on everything :frusty:

When you cruise on the highway it feels smoother than the non-pp gt springs yet in the turns they tighten smoothly and effectively. I find these springs to be a much better choice than what Ford thought would be a good "GT" spring setup :crazy: The stock car should have come with progressive springs like these!

Thank you to JC, and Harry at Steeda for helping me understand my needs and suggesting the best course of action to meet those needs in my purchase. Would recommend highly these springs (as well as the other mods I got) to other mustang owners who are looking for a Top Tier GT setup.
Comparison.jpg
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
Sponsored