Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
But just a few posts ago you said how they get there [performance] doesn’t matter. Now you make the argument that it does?
My point is 460hp is 460hp no matter how its a created.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Not really.. The Ford guys are always the ones bringing it up.
Yet here you are, a self-professed Corvette owner on a Mustang site arguing with them. What did you think, there would be no favoritism on a Mustang-centric forum?

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
What I like about the 5.0 vs 6.2 is the revs. I have always loved the sound of a v8 when it is over 7,000 rpm and still pulling. When i sit in a 6.2 on a joy ride I always get that feeling that the Chevy is being short shifted. Much disappointment.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Then how about you get that across to all the GM fanboys who took issue in the past with a supercharged Ford being compared to a n/a GM smallblock.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
What I like about the 5.0 vs 6.2 is the revs. I have always loved the sound of a v8 when it is over 7,000 rpm and still pulling. When i sit in a 6.2 on a joy ride I always get that feeling that the Chevy is being short shifted. Much disappointment.
I get that feel the same way on my HC. I would rather have a higher redline as well.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Agreed. Now lets drop the displacement conversation and get back to the second coming talk. Horse power is Horse power! The Chevy nut swingers think the extra 45 foot pounds of torque makes them the greatest.:doh: And in a drag race. That torque does you little good when your traction limited to begin with. The ford nut huggers love to talk about doing more with less. The old ricer argument. You wanna do more with less. Buy a base EB or focus ST and slap a giant turbo on there and go SS or GT hunting. For wayyyyyyy less then the cost of either V8. Personally I think both factions should take more pride in their driver skill. And less pride in what someone else can do in an SS or GT. Internet times don't mean shit when YOUR driving. Just ask blaqhole and his ZL1 times!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
some of the guys on Camaro 6 are obnoxious but so are some of you guys here. Yes the 5.0 is more advanced technologically. It makes great power power for the size. Yes the Camaro has to use more cubic inches but in turn we get a better torque band and driving experience. The cars are close and will go back and forth. It a drivers race. End of story. My car went [email protected] in 85 degree heat. Now its full bolt on and e85 and ive run 11.1?'s over and over in 0 to negative DA. Ive had my car a year and a half though and had time to figure it all out. Once they get more mods on these mustangs they will run as fast or faster.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
some of the guys on Camaro 6 are obnoxious but so are some of you guys here. Yes the 5.0 is more advanced technologically. It makes great power power for the size. Yes the Camaro has to use more cubic inches but in turn we get a better torque band and driving experience. The cars are close and will go back and forth. It a drivers race. End of story. My car went [email protected] in 85 degree heat. Now its full bolt on and e85 and ive run 11.1?'s over and over in 0 to negative DA. Ive had my car a year and a half though and had time to figure it all out. Once they get more mods on these mustangs they will run as fast or faster.
Well, you were largely unbiased. A better driving experience is subjective...RPM is fun IMO. You are correct though, they are absolutely a driver's race. It's gonna be a fun couple of years.

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
Well, you were largely unbiased. A better driving experience is subjective...RPM is fun IMO. You are correct though, they are absolutely a driver's race. It's gonna be a fun couple of years.
Ive been on both sides. Ive owned 5 mustangs including a 2003 cobra which was probably the most fun car I've ever had to date. Im a fan of the new mustang and what its been able to do. I also know that I love the torque of the 6th gens. I test drove the 16 GT and Camaro before picking the Camaro because it was just so much more fun to drive and power everywhere. not just at the top of the tach. Id love to drive the 18 to see how much better it is now. especially with all the issues these 16 Camaros have had. for me im going to see what the 19 Camaro refresh looks like and if it gets rid of this god awful A8 transmission and goes to the A10. Then ill test drive both and see which one tickles my fancy.

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Me as an LS3 driver I love the low end torque. Ive driver the 5.0 and the higher rev is fun, I just prefer the low end punch you get from all the extra torque down low. But thats just all personal preference.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Agreed. Now lets drop the displacement conversation and get back to the second coming talk. Horse power is Horse power! The Chevy nut swingers think the extra 45 foot pounds of torque makes them the greatest.:doh: And in a drag race. That torque does you little good when your traction limited to begin with. The ford nut huggers love to talk about doing more with less. The old ricer argument. You wanna do more with less. Buy a base EB or focus ST and slap a giant turbo on there and go SS or GT hunting. For wayyyyyyy less then the cost of either V8. Personally I think both factions should take more pride in their driver skill. And less pride in what someone else can do in an SS or GT. Internet times don't mean shit when YOUR driving. Just ask blaqhole and his ZL1 times!:thumbsup:
Agreed. Well said.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Also agreed. RPM is fun. A nice torque-y kick in the pants down low from the LS and LT motors is also fun. Just comes down to what you like.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
for me im going to see what the 19 Camaro refresh looks like and if it gets rid of this god awful A8 transmission and goes to the A10. Then ill test drive both and see which one tickles my fancy.
Im also waiting on the Camaro Refresh. If its gets a small power bump and the A10 and is reasonably priced. That will be my next car.

On a side note.. the new GT500 really interests me also.

fkscreennames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
Im also waiting on the Camaro Refresh. If its gets a small power bump and the A10 and is reasonably priced. That will be my next car.

On a side note.. the new GT500 really interests me also.
I love both cars very much and looking forward to the Camaro refresh. Maybe a power bump of 475 hp/lb?
Sponsored