Sponsored

Is this still the best/legit Extended Service Plan?

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Have my 2019 due in early August. My last car I did a 7-year / 75k mile extended warranty through my dealer and got ripped off (it was over $2,000).

Thinking I want to do the 8-year / 100k mile PremiumCARE one now.

Is Flood Ford ESP still legit?

www.floodfordesp.com
Sponsored

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Extended warranty plans are almost always ripoffs. Anything that's going to break under warranty will do so in the first year or two, anything after that will be considered "normal wear and tear" and won't be covered.
My extended warranty saved me a lot on my current car. I had to have control arms and sway bars, etc. and suspension parts replaced on multiple visits due to Michigan roads.

Also don't want to be paying out of pocket for MagneRide related stuff if something ever goes wrong with that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have my 2019 due in early August. My last car I did a 7-year / 75k mile extended warranty through my dealer and got ripped off (it was over $2,000).

www.floodfordesp.com
Yes, Flood Ford ESP plans are still legit.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Flood Ford sells the official Ford ESP plan at discount prices, they are hard to beat. I purchased from them.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Extended warranty plans are almost always ripoffs. Anything that's going to break under warranty will do so in the first year or two, anything after that will be considered "normal wear and tear" and won't be covered.
Cough Cough, evap core...cough cough. Notorious to fail out of warranty and expensive as hell to replace.

I'm at 33k miles and my intake manifold just bit the dust on me. Luckily, still under factory warranty.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My steering rack failed at 37,500 miles. I got Ford to pay $500 (which is great, but... I complained about it TWICE during my warranty period, but both dealers did not document the complaint so that didn't count). How much did I have to pay? $1,000 and that's with the dealer throwing me a bone on labor because they felt bad.

Thankfully my AC hasn't gone out, but I rarely use it so maybe that's why! :)

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
I printed out the quote from Flood Ford and the local Ford dealer I purchased my 2018 GT from agreed to match it. So I would say its legit. Close to $1,500 dollar savings compared to what they originally quoted. THANK YOU Mustang.com for providing me info on Flood Ford.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
My extended warranty saved me a lot on my current car. I had to have control arms and sway bars, etc. and suspension parts replaced on multiple visits due to Michigan roads.

Also don't want to be paying out of pocket for MagneRide related stuff if something ever goes wrong with that.
Shouldn't that be less prone to having issues?

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm at 35,801 miles right now. Less than 200 and my warranty expires. Totally starting to feel nervous about not having an extended service plan. Very tempted to do this but just got done with a big ass move for a new job and I'm spread a little thin.

Anyone know of stats/threads on post-warranty issues?

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Coming from German cars the extended warranties and repair bills seem laughably cheap.

At a Mercedes service department all jobs come in some multiple of $1000, except for an oil change which is either $300 or $500 depending if a new air filter is needed. Much like at a nice restaurant where all the menu items are a multiples of $10.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered

www.floodfordesp.com
I reasearched several esp plans online and found the best prices at Champion Ford with Flood coming in a close second.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I'm at 35,801 miles right now. Less than 200 and my warranty expires. Totally starting to feel nervous about not having an extended service plan. Very tempted to do this but just got done with a big ass move for a new job and I'm spread a little thin.

Anyone know of stats/threads on post-warranty issues?
I think you can finance all Ford extended warranties at 0% interest. That should make it easier to decide.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Be happy you don't live in Florida when it comes to ESP. We have to purchase ours from the local dealer who have to charge you MSRP.

Anyone know of a way around that? It's a law, but most laws have loopholes right? Does the car have to be registered out of state to purchase a plan with an out of state address? Or just the mailing address for the ESP?
Sponsored