Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My car is in order processing, i dont show edd. Is that normal?
Yes it is. Prepare for it to show up then get deleted a couple of times. Mine is in production but my EDD hasn't showed back up yet.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
My only complaint with this car is the stereo. Why doesn't it have any bass?

Other than that, I am extremely impressed with the stang.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My only complaint with this car is the stereo. Why doesn't it have any bass?

Other than that, I am extremely impressed with the stang.
They want you to spend more money to get bass (Shaker pro).

It's really the only thing it offers as it doesn't really make the quality of sound any better.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
Flat Rock stops production end of shift Friday December 22, and resumes on Monday January 8th. After a two week Holiday Break. Can any one confirm this. Also the Convoys resume January 3rd. But haven’t been able to confirm this either.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Flat Rock stops production end of shift Friday December 22, and resumes on Monday January 8th. After a two week Holiday Break. Can any one confirm this. Also the Convoys resume January 3rd. But haven’t been able to confirm this either.
Sounds about right to me. Unions....

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
They want you to spend more money to get bass (Shaker pro).

It's really the only thing it offers as it doesn't really make the quality of sound any better.
They say it is a 9 speaker stereo. Must be 4 tweeters and 5 mids.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think some of the speakers (rear deck maybe) are coaxial, but yeah..nothing really focused on bass for the 9 speaker system.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The info on Donlen shows down weeks of 12/25, 1/29, and 2/19. Some plants are down two weeks but not Flat Rock.

https://www.donlen.com/manufacturer-plant-downtime.html

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
COTUS is a bunch of crap........ it shows my car in production..... Just talked to my dealer and it’s on a rail car on it’s way to the rail yard in Shelbyville Ky, where all vehicles for dealers in this area are sent to. That railyard is about 50 miles from my dealer. ETA Dec 29th to the dealer. Moral of this story COTUS is about as trust worthy as my X. Don’t depend on it.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
COTUS is a bunch of crap........ it shows my car in production..... Just talked to my dealer and it’s on a rail car on it’s way to the rail yard in Shelbyville Ky, where all vehicles for dealers in this area are sent to. That railyard is about 50 miles from my dealer. ETA Dec 29th to the dealer. Moral of this story COTUS is about as trust worthy as my X. Don’t depend on it.
Did your dealership tell you when it started production and when it finished?

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Did your dealership tell you when it started production and when it finished?
Yesterday when I was in there it still showed on his end a start build of next Tuesday...... today it show on a rail car...... Ford needs to stay off the moonshine and get it together.............

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Yesterday when I was in there it still showed on his end a start build of next Tuesday...... today it show on a rail car...... Ford needs to stay off the moonshine and get it together.............
When you get the car you might consider getting them to print the "complete vehicle history" report (or whatever the current or other name for it is). It will tell you exactly what happened when.

Also you might verify that you and the dealer are using the same VIN :D

Mine moved to production on COTUS yesterday and the window sticker showed up today with a build date of next Thursday so I assume the body construction will start on Tuesday based on what the history report showed for my 15.

Good luck.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
wow :crazy:

I think I'll get on the phone with my dealership then...

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
wow :crazy:

I think I'll get on the phone with my dealership then...
Better than that...... I have a friend that works for Ford in Dearborn at the corporate office, and gave her a call. She looked on her computer then said I will call you back after I talk to the production manager at the plant. About an hour later she called and said my car was Bucked today and will flow down the assembly line Monday. I then drove to the dealer and talked with them, the salesman made a mistake and was looking at another order number instead of mine...... they were both ordered the same day and were both Ruby Red Mustangs. Now that the Valium has kicked in I think I will build a fire in the fireplace and have a talk with Capt Morgan.
Sponsored