Sponsored

"Mid-life Crisis" - UPDATE

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I’m almost 57 and starting my second mid life crisis with the upcoming purchase of a Mustang.

Always a car guy but couldn’t afford nice ones with marriage and house purchase.
I got heavy into motorcycles 20 years ago as my first mid life crisis.

I have slowed down on the bikes and now want a car. Always wante a V8, rear drive stick shift bad ass car. Mustang clicks all the boxes.

I am sick of watching people my age dropping dead, getting killed in accidents or just being miserable.

Life is fleeting, get it while you can........no regrets on my death bed! (I hope)
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I’m almost 57 and starting my second mid life crisis with the upcoming purchase of a Mustang.

Always a car guy but couldn’t afford nice ones with marriage and house purchase.
I got heavy into motorcycles 20 years ago as my first mid life crisis.

I have slowed down on the bikes and now want a car. Always wante a V8, rear drive stick shift bad ass car. Mustang clicks all the boxes.

I am sick of watching people my age dropping dead, getting killed in accidents or just being miserable.

Life is fleeting, get it while you can........no regrets on my death bed! (I hope)
Amen to that!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I am 38 years old.
I use to really be into cars in high school up to my twenties and somewhere along the line I fell out. The last car I had was a 2006 GT that I bought brand new and ended up in a 3 year lawsuit with Ford. I guess that really put me off.

Now I am on the verge of getting a GT350 and I have to wonder - is this a mid life crisis? Is this even a real thing? I guess as I have gotten older I have always heard negative things from women about guys and cars and how its a immature thing etc. Seems to be taboo if your an older guy and like fast cars or just cars in general. My girl is okay with it.

I miss it because I really enjoy maintaining the car, its almost like a meditation for me. Nothing makes me smile like starting up a beast and enjoying some cool air in the fall as I rip around town.

I guess I am seeking some kind of permission to drop this kind of money on a 2nd car and feel okay about it. Part of me is like "this is ridiculous" and another part of me is like "you deserve it".

Anyone else go through this? Am I crazy?
Thanks for listening.

Michael
You had a mid-life crisis if you left the wife and two kids for your current girlfriend. :lol:

Getting a car you can REALLY afford and brings a smile to your face is not a mid-life crisis...

Sht man, I'm about to sell my house and get back into rentals so I can live where I want ... I want to be free... call that a mid-life crisis... I call it plotting a course to live my life while I have time to live and enjoy it. F what anyone else says... put all that "sold house" cash with my retirement fund -- I still retire with over a million in savings and a pension.

Perspective.... perspective..... :clap2:

Let those haters :gossip:

Plus, you are only 38... relax... don't age yourself with that mid-life crisis BS.... save it for 50 and over....

Go enjoy life... be responsible and save for retirement but don't cheat yourself out of creating fun memories you can reflect when your body can't go anymore.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think if you don't get too single-minded about career and allow yourself to do a few things not commonly done by others in your age group even 50 will end up being too young to feel any symptoms of "mid-life crisis".

FWIW, at age 38 I was racing a 24" cruiser in BMX. Seemed like it'd be more fun to do that with my son (then 15 and already racing) than sit on the sidelines just watching without really knowing what it was like to be out there.

Norm

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My sister refers to my car as MLC. Apparently, she thinks I'm going to live to 104.

Nope, not gonna happen.

Sponsored

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I'm 36 and just going through the process of my divorce. I have always been a gearhead but needed to sell my two seater to get a car to accomodate my 5 year old son when I have him so I thought.. Why not look further than a Mustang?

I guess I qualify as having a MLC but I really don't give a damn, it's putting a smile on my face as well as my son lol.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
48 and yes my GT is a midlife crisis car in a way. Or expensive therapy. But I could afford it and enjoy having the GT to drive when in the mood.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
my GF gives me more crap about my gun collection that my cars. Never any midlife jokes about the cars. Any new gun shows up then out comes the MLC jab.
No one gives a shit about your gun collection. But thanks for slipping that in to try and impress nobody.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
No one gives a shit about your gun collection. But thanks for slipping that in to try and impress nobody.
[MENTION=19064]Nomadic[/MENTION] ... Please stop trolling gun owners... We get it, you don't like guns.

Living in the bottom of a rectum does not help, I'm sure.

[MENTION=24023]FranzVonHoffer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8588]Clink[/MENTION]

Nomadic does this in every thread someone mentions a gun... luckily she mostly does not engage after the initial BS post (probably due to mods).

Maybe she was hit with gun violence at some point... or just have some screws missing. Who knows.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=19064]Nomadic[/MENTION] ... Please stop trolling gun owners... We get it, you don't like guns.

Living in the bottom of a rectum does not help, I'm sure.

[MENTION=24023]FranzVonHoffer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8588]Clink[/MENTION]

Nomadic does this in every thread someone mentions a gun... luckily she mostly does not engage after the initial BS post (probably due to mods).

Maybe she was hit with gun violence at some point... or just have some screws missing. Who knows.
Calling someone a troll b/c they denounced a humble brag about a gun collection?
What are you 5 years old?
Sorry you got your panties all bunched up over that.
If you don't like my opinion, so be it. But don't start crying about it.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Calling someone a troll b/c they denounced a humble brag about a gun collection?
What are you 5 years old?
Sorry you got your panties all bunched up over that.
If you don't like my opinion, so be it. But don't start crying about it.
No disrespect intended, just pointing out my observation here, but you threw dirt first.

It's like coming into a room where some other people are discussing whatever subject matter they're discussing and you barge in and yell, "no one gives a shit about your <whatever it might be>". That would be taken as rude and disrespectful no matter what it was about. Whether you agree with the discussion or not, it's rather salty and would warrant some, f**k yous. ;)

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Less than a month to go! be sure to post up pictures if you feel so inclined sir
Sponsored