Sponsored

Best Track Mod for the money?

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
What is your opinion on best track mod for the money? I haven’t done many mods but for $80 I thought the 2 point steeda g track brace was definitely worth the money. More responsive steering feel and car did not push as much in hard corners. I think a track alignment would be another great bang for the buck mod. Opinions?
Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Front camber bolts for $30. You asked cost effective....
Very cost effective. I think I got as much camber (-2.5) out of the bolts as I would have out of camber plates.

The car is good out of the box. One of the few cars that is track ready with just a good alignment. Car has more capability than 99% of people can make use of. That includes me. Spend the rest of your money on making the driver better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I

OP
OP

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I do have the camber bolts. I’m going to get a track alignment. Any recommendations from experience on camber settings?. I have the recommended settings and these are probably good middle of the road settings. I’m not looking for super aggressive that may cause excessive wear on the street. I only do about 3 track days a year. Do you notice irnormal wear on the tires from street driving from the track alignment?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Align to -1.5 front & little less in the rear for launch grip & you'll be fine on the streets.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Beyond proper front camber, BMR CB005 to keep the subframe from moving around like crazy under power. It is very noticeable on corner exit. Almost no NVH; sharp bumps are just a little louder but no harsher.

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I do have the camber bolts. I’m going to get a track alignment. Any recommendations from experience on camber settings?. I have the recommended settings and these are probably good middle of the road settings. I’m not looking for super aggressive that may cause excessive wear on the street. I only do about 3 track days a year. Do you notice irnormal wear on the tires from street driving from the track alignment?
I ran the Ford Performance recommended alignment settings and they are an improvement on track over factory alignment. Even the FP alignment will wear the outsides of your tires, but night/day improvement. Alignment is a powerful thing.

Since I hardly drive mine on the street (~3-4k/year), I run -3 front/-2 rear now and haven't noticed abnormal wear. To be concise, track driving is wearing the outsides of the tires so badly that the insides are barely touched. Just pay attention to tire wear and you'll be fine.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I ran the Ford Performance recommended alignment settings and they are an improvement on track over factory alignment. Even the FP alignment will wear the outsides of your tires, but night/day improvement. Alignment is a powerful thing.

Since I hardly drive mine on the street (~3-4k/year), I run -3 front/-2 rear now and haven't noticed abnormal wear. To be concise, track driving is wearing the outsides of the tires so badly that the insides are barely touched. Just pay attention to tire wear and you'll be fine.
Same here! After all it is a heavy car and you can only adjust camber so much before it starts negatively impacting steering. Nobody will be able to save the outer if tracking the car.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Beyond proper front camber, BMR CB005 to keep the subframe from moving around like crazy under power. It is very noticeable on corner exit. Almost no NVH; sharp bumps are just a little louder but no harsher.
I added a IRS brace. I think it increased NVH...
Sponsored