Sponsored

Hydrosilex Recharge (ceramic coating)

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Haha more south then you are. Very suprised myself as I was not expecting the package until today. I might try for the weekend to apply it but might get pushed to next.
I knew I should have bought in St. Mary's. Crap.

Let me know how you like the Hydrosilex. I'm going to coat my wifes entire car before we hit the beach with it this summer. I'll get about 3/4 of it after it gets back from the body shop this weekend if the weather holds.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well just applied it this morning! Very easy. Just used a microfiber applicator and a microfiber towel for the application process. Applied to all exterior surfaces including the plastic and glass (minus windshield and side windows). Just did a simple clay bar for prep. The paint is not perfect but looks more then great for a daily driver! The real test should come tomorrow since it is supposed to rain. Later on I will apply it to the wheels as well.
E45DE900-89B3-4E4B-BBE5-F90F0709A1A1.jpeg
E0A358E2-6800-481B-9C34-6BE782A5DAD4.jpeg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely looks nice and shiny for now, how much would you say you used of the bottle?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Definitely looks nice and shiny for now, how much would you say you used of the bottle?
I would say about 1/10th of the 32oz so not much at all.

Went through first rain tonight and while I can't see much (see more in the morning) it looks like it did an excellent job of expelling water/road grime.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Well just went through more severe rain today. Still quite impressed. Much more hydrophobic then a normal wax/sealant and fairly durable. Had to get gum (came from some parking lot) off the quarter today and as far as I can tell, rubbing the gum off left no micro scratching behind like what would normally happen.

I will do another coat when I wash it next weekend or so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve been tempted to try HydroSilex, but I’ve been pretty happy with CarPro Reload so far. I coated my car with cQuartz when I got it about 7 months ago and use Reload as a drying agent most washes.

Would you believe it, I needed to reorder and Reload was out of stock at Amazon. Time to give HydroSilex a try.

Today was the first time I used it. I gave my car a nice bubble bath with Chemical Guys Honeydew and used HydroSilex as I dried the car.

2bb5a0d0a097c2b91577a31ff40c6eea.jpg
e06a20b08d9d5fb21b15420aae6f9cf7.jpg

My first impression is that HydroSilex is just as easy to use as Reload and the initial shine is better. It will be interesting to see how it holds up. I’ll give it another coat next weekend to build up some depth.

Biggest problem for me is that CarPro products are available via Amazon Prime, whereas HydroSilex charges $10 for slow mail.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been tempted to try HydroSilex, but I’ve been pretty happy with CarPro Reload so far. I coated my car with cQuartz when I got it about 7 months ago and use Reload as a drying agent most washes.

Would you believe it, I needed to reorder and Reload was out of stock at Amazon. Time to give HydroSilex a try.

Today was the first time I used it. I gave my car a nice bubble bath with Chemical Guys Honeydew and used HydroSilex as I dried the car.

2bb5a0d0a097c2b91577a31ff40c6eea.jpg
e06a20b08d9d5fb21b15420aae6f9cf7.jpg

My first impression is that HydroSilex is just as easy to use as Reload and the initial shine is better. It will be interesting to see how it holds up. I’ll give it another coat next weekend to build up some depth.

Biggest problem for me is that CarPro products are available via Amazon Prime, whereas HydroSilex charges $10 for slow mail.
Give reset a try for a wash. I was using Honeydew and felt the car looked a little hazy at times. Switched to reset and have been much happier!

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks, SVT - I’ve not used CarPro Reset. When I hand wash my car, I tend to use Optimum Wash & Shine, which has always given me good results.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Tomorrow after work I'm washing mine and parking it in the air conditioned garage overnight. Wed. morning I'm starting the buffing process and the Hydrosilex treatment after the final bath.

I put some swirls in the paint a few years ago with a traditional buffer and never had the time to get them out.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
you guys crack me up. it's a good product b/c it ships quick? i'm gonna try this soon too. i like optimum spray wax for easy waxing fwiw

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
installed hydro silex yesterday and am initially impressed with the extra slickness it provided to the finish. I did do a ceramic coating about 2 weeks ago so this was my first reload/recharge after that. I still haven't had a need to wash the car since the ceramic was applied as the weather and my schedule has allowed me to keep it out of any rain.

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
Applied to my car about 3 week ago and it was extra slick and looked like it shined better than usual (or that could've been in my head). I don't have any ceramic coating on the car all I have is Hydrosilex on it. Fast forward to today, rinsed the car before washing and I could still see the Hydrosilex still working, washed the car and rinsed and I could tell majority of the Hydrosilex had been washed away but no worries just reapplied and looks good as new.
Sponsored