Sponsored

Looking at a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost 10 speed.

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I am looking at a base model no frills 2018 ecoboost 10 speed. Anything I should keep in mind prior to purchasing?

My understanding is I have no wet/snow driving modes in the 100A package. Also as far as performance I have not found any reliable numbers.

Car and Driver has a PP 10 speed doing 13.9 in the 1/4 while I found one on youtube that was doing 13.2 (No known mods or package.) and a few others claiming 13.4
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I am looking at a base model no frills 2018 ecoboost 10 speed. Anything I should keep in mind prior to purchasing?

My understanding is I have no wet/snow driving modes in the 100A package. Also as far as performance I have not found any reliable numbers.

Car and Driver has a PP 10 speed doing 13.9 in the 1/4 while I found one on youtube that was doing 13.2 (No known mods or package.) and a few others claiming 13.4
You won't get reliable numbers because of variations.

For instance, how hot it is outside that day(stock intercooler wasn't built for racing), what octane fuel they used, if they were sitting still idle or did a previous pull before they tested the time.

Between regular fuel, premium, and e85, you will see a huge difference in quarter mile times.

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Link?

I just searched YouTube. One guy claimed his buddies all stock one was mid 13s. But no other actually time's for 18s. Got any links to those videos?

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]TMLi99w6auI[/MEDIA]"]

I just searched YouTube. One guy claimed his buddies all stock one was mid 13s. But no other actually time's for 18s. Got any links to those videos?
sorry that guy was running a intercooler apparently.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm confused.

If you're really into drag-racing, you'll modify your car so it's faster. So, in essence, stock numbers don't really mean anything. If you're not into drag-racing, then why worry what the numbers are, beyond "pretty good"?

If you're buying the car and leaving it stock, and you actually care about 1/4 times, why buy a 2.3?

Sponsored

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
2018 et improvements man

I'm confused.

If you're really into drag-racing, you'll modify your car so it's faster. So, in essence, stock numbers don't really mean anything. If you're not into drag-racing, then why worry what the numbers are, beyond "pretty good"?

If you're buying the car and leaving it stock, and you actually care about 1/4 times, why buy a 2.3?
Just curious since the a10 is like magic sauce for the almighty 5.0s.
What effect if any combined with the tq increase and launch control features.
It has on the eb times man. I think the 2018 model's are very slightly more aero efficient also. For me it's just interesting:thumbsup:

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I'm confused.
I am buying a daily driver that gets good mileage and is comfortable to drive that I can take to the strip on friday nights and have a good time. if I can run high 12's low 13's on a stock car I will be happy.

This will see everything from 30 degree celcius summer cruises to -30 winter commutes.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
High 12's isn't going to happen. Maybe 13.4 in perfect air. I just ran a 14.5 in 3500 da 90 degrees outside. I imagine with a better 60' perfect da, and 50 degree Temps I could muster a 13.4-5 but that is likley about it. End of the day car is fun as hell, you won't regret it.

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
High 12's isn't going to happen. Maybe 13.4 in perfect air. I just ran a 14.5 in 3500 da 90 degrees outside. I imagine with a better 60' perfect da, and 50 degree Temps I could muster a 13.4-5 but that is likley about it. End of the day car is fun as hell, you won't regret it.
My F-150 is currently faster than that. how is that even possible. I ran 14.22 in 84 degree air with a DA of 4669.

Thats a bone stock 2015 F-150 supercab 4x4 3.5 ecoboost. What was your 60'?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I am buying a daily driver that gets good mileage and is comfortable to drive that I can take to the strip on friday nights and have a good time. if I can run high 12's low 13's on a stock car I will be happy.

This will see everything from 30 degree celcius summer cruises to -30 winter commutes.
Turbo engines are easy to modify for bigger power numbers, so what the car does stock doesn't really matter. Someone that done basic, relatively cheap bolt-ons will hopefully explain better than I, but I've read of easy/cheap gains on EBs.

So, again, who cares what they run stock? If you want to get into the 12s, you're going to have to modify.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Turbo engines are easy to modify for bigger power numbers, so what the car does stock doesn't really matter. Someone that done basic, relatively cheap bolt-ons will hopefully explain better than I, but I've read of easy/cheap gains on EBs.

So, again, who cares what they run stock? If you want to get into the 12s, you're going to have to modify.
I don't want to mod the car for more power.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Better intercooler and tune(running the car on premium gas) is all you need to get started.

Jordan, would you be running regular or premium?

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Better intercooler and tune(running the car on premium gas) is all you need to get started.

Jordan, would you be running regular or premium?
94 octane always

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My F-150 is currently faster than that. how is that even possible. I ran 14.22 in 84 degree air with a DA of 4669.

Thats a bone stock 2015 F-150 supercab 4x4 3.5 ecoboost. What was your 60'?
2.1 60 ft. This motor pulls timing like crazy with heat. The F150 ecoboost don't seem to suffer from that problem at least not in my experience. Also the F150 has more top end. This car dies over 5k rpm. I have to still find the sweet spot to shift it and launch it. My iat on that run was 126. The prior run was 146 and it ran a 15 flat. The cooler the iat's on this motor the faster she goes due to increased timing. if I could have got the iat's down under 100 she would have pulled a 13.xxx. Also I'm not a veteran drag racer. I go occasionally and I'm still learning the car.

End of the day it's an ecoboost u want a 12 sec car then get the GT. I bought this car for commuting, economy, & weekend racing. If u have dreams of 12's stock then keep dreaming. I want to see your F150 handle the way this thing does. This is a great well rounded car, don't get caught up in numbers. Go drive one.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost