Ran Into An "R" yesterday

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
On the way home from Irongate Car Condos in Naperville Illinois. Classic white and blue. Beautiful car and sounded awesome. I'm tempted now to remove the resonators after playing a little next to him. Couldn't even hear my Porsche next to the R. :D
WP_20180523_023.jpg
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I want the sound of the R but I also don't want everyone within 30 miles to know when I cold start it.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I want the sound of the R but I also don't want everyone within 30 miles to know when I cold start it.
The GT350's automatically do an exhaust function check as soon as you press the clutch in or give the car accessory power. They flip open and closed or closed and open and then close. Now you can start the car when this is happening and yeah that is LOUD but just wait a tick until you hear the valves stop moving. But you also have a Coyote engine so that whole sounding like a 350R thing? Well, that's gonna be an expensive mod list...I'd recommend just picking one up instead. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The GT350's automatically do an exhaust function check as soon as you press the clutch in or give the car accessory power. They flip open and closed or closed and open and then close. Now you can start the car when this is happening and yeah that is LOUD but just wait a tick until you hear the valves stop moving. But you also have a Coyote engine so that whole sounding like a 350R thing? Well, that's gonna be an expensive mod list...I'd recommend just picking one up instead. :thumbsup:
Also, I start mine in the garage and then open the door.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
On the way home from Irongate Car Condos in Naperville Illinois. Classic white and blue. Beautiful car and sounded awesome. I'm tempted now to remove the resonators after playing a little next to him. Couldn't even hear my Porsche next to the R. :D
If you want to see what the resonator removal is like, I should be at C&C Sunday at the Arboretum. I even let you take it for a spin, bring the Porche.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Don't the valves stay closed if you are in reverse when starting the motor? I remember reading that and for mine it is a little less loud when she fires up

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I hear that.... I am the most hated man on my block.... leave at 5am to get to work....EVERYONE knows my hours.....

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a voodoo engine in my GT350.

Edit: I just realized I never changed my "drives"

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't the valves stay closed if you are in reverse when starting the motor? I remember reading that and for mine it is a little less loud when she fires up
Mine does not cycle if I put it in reverse first. It's still "not quiet".

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Yes. Mine stays closed when started in reverse. It sounds like an explosion in my condo garage when it lights up. I am waiting for the fine notice.:shrug: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Wriggly,

That looks like Kirk Rd. on the east side of St. Charles.... correct?

I haven't seen that car around the Tri-Cities / Fox Valley area before - the only other R that I know of is a Lightning Blue / Black stripe one that I've seen (and heard) at a distance twice late last summer.

Did you talk with the owner?
Sponsored