Sponsored

Ideas on exhaust Rasp

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Dynomax race mini mufflers work great at eliminating rasp without lowering the volume or aggressiveness of your existing system. They're only 6 inches in length so they're very easy to add to an existing exhaust setup. You can also find a pair of them for $40.

The Challenger/Charger guys have been using them for years. That's where I got to idea to use them on my Mustang for eliminating rasp in the upper rpms.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f449/sps-muffler-swap-dynomax-mini-race-bullets-542994/

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/the-og-of-the-mini-bullet-now-a-question.90969/

landing_rsmb_main.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
The Dynomax race mini mufflers work great at eliminating rasp without lowering the volume or aggressiveness of your existing system. They're only 6 inches in length so they're very easy to add to an existing exhaust setup. You can also find a pair of them for $40.

The Challenger/Charger guys have been using them for years. That's where I got to idea to use them on my Mustang for eliminating rasp in the upper rpms.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f449/sps-muffler-swap-dynomax-mini-race-bullets-542994/

landing_rsmb_main.jpg
I got a couple of those, was going to have them installed in place of fake canisters/cats that came with the TSP Longtubes. Decided to just use the Tru X. Wish I would have just gotten the muffler and had an exhaust shop make extensions. Cheaper than ordering the CJPP part. Just no good weather/time to install this week in Florida. I paid $36 shipped for the min bullets via amazon prime.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Had the 3" in/out Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe installed today. Cost $125.00 for the job and the X was just over $100.00. All the drone and rasp are gone and the loudness is much less. Honestly I can't believe how much this calmed the exhaust down. Might even be a little quiet for my taste but sticking with it. The flow is great and the exhaust isn't obnoxious, awesome. It's actually fun to drive again!
Glad to hear that did the trick for you, Shane. We want you to be able to enjoy driving your car!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear that did the trick for you, Shane. We want you to be able to enjoy driving your car!
@MagnaFlow I too got the Tru X on today that I purchased from CJPP. Its a little shorter than the Steeda X pipe was so the shop had to add some piping. No drone at all in the cabin, car is smooth. Only drawback is before I could tell how fast I was going by the loudness of the car. Not anymore, was doing some triple digits on the highway before realizing it.

Was $135.00 to install. Shop added some brackets that attached to the muffler to keep it from drooping the future. Also fixed the hanger on my axle back to center the muffler. I am pleased!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Had the 3" in/out Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe installed today. Cost $125.00 for the job and the X was just over $100.00. All the drone and rasp are gone and the loudness is much less. Honestly I can't believe how much this calmed the exhaust down. Might even be a little quiet for my taste but sticking with it. The flow is great and the exhaust isn't obnoxious, awesome. It's actually fun to drive again!
full 3" now? Im thinking about going up to 3". post some clips.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

[MENTION=34639]Shane361[/MENTION] do you have any pics of the install? I am looking to go this route on my car and want to make sure my idea will work. I've got a 3" cat back and I am going be adding a Mak Cat delete.

The 2.5 to 3.0 stuff is getting a little maddening, combined with the fact that I'll need to get my stock cats back on for emissions.

Thinking of getting the same X as you and the 3" cat delete, then just throwing a 2.5" to 3" adapters on my cats.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=34639]Shane361[/MENTION] do you have any pics of the install? I am looking to go this route on my car and want to make sure my idea will work. I've got a 3" cat back and I am going be adding a Mak Cat delete.

The 2.5 to 3.0 stuff is getting a little maddening, combined with the fact that I'll need to get my stock cats back on for emissions.

Thinking of getting the same X as you and the 3" cat delete, then just throwing a 2.5" to 3" adapters on my cats.
I don't sorry, have not been under that car since it was installed. It was custom work so any good shop should be able to weld it into place.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] I noticed the TruX comes in a 2.5 in 3.0 out. Do you think there is a big difference in flow between that and 3.0 in/out?

I have a 3" cat back with a factory connect. I am taking the H out and putting in one of your resonators and a Mak cat delete. I can get the Cat delete in 3" and go 3" all the way but that's going to make it hard to get my stock cats back on when needed.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@MagnaFlow I noticed the TruX comes in a 2.5 in 3.0 out. Do you think there is a big difference in flow between that and 3.0 in/out?

I have a 3" cat back with a factory connect. I am taking the H out and putting in one of your resonators and a Mak cat delete. I can get the Cat delete in 3" and go 3" all the way but that's going to make it hard to get my stock cats back on when needed.
I had my Tru X installed last week. If did it over again I would just buy the Magnaflow Muffler and have the additional piping put in. The muffler shop installer told me to do that. I paid $245.00 for the Tru X when I could have just gotten the muffler for $127.00.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had my Tru X installed last week. If did it over again I would just buy the Magnaflow Muffler and have the additional piping put in. The muffler shop installer told me to do that. I paid $245.00 for the Tru X when I could have just gotten the muffler for $127.00.
Glad to hear that, as its the route I have to take.

You still happy with it? Hoping it quiets down the car enough to make removing the cats a net zero sound increase.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear that, as its the route I have to take.

You still happy with it? Hoping it quiets down the car enough to make removing the cats a net zero sound increase.

beyond happy. it has made the car fun to drive again. It sounds stock on the inside but on outside a nice rumble. No rasp at all just pure booming exhaust and no noticeable loss of power.
Sponsored