[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Its a super simple install. Its harder to read thru all this mess lol. Go with the DIY for reference and make a couple vac hoses...done. IMRC's are a pain and a crapshoot if they will feel like working or not but still no biggie.

Matt
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
locking out IMRC makes it super easy. I think its the best way to go. I don't notice anything negative.. I got my clean side seporator hooked up properly now, car pulls really hard and all the way past 7k.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone know what size caps we need for the unneeded ports? Gonna start this pretty soon and I'll be putting my car on a dyno after to measure results.

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Has anyone did dyno numbers of locked vs. unlocked on the IMRC's? Still trying to figure out how I am going to go on this.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
2018 manifold ftw

gpvXq1.jpg

6ukkd5.png

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what size caps we need for the unneeded ports? Gonna start this pretty soon and I'll be putting my car on a dyno after to measure results.
good question. Anyone that's installed it?

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Has anyone did dyno numbers of locked vs. unlocked on the IMRC's? Still trying to figure out how I am going to go on this.
Im pretty sure they will dyno identical due to the IMRC's opening fully on WOT passed a certain (2500ish maybe?) RPM. I hit up a dyno day with mine operational and put down 450whp followed up by two passes right around 441-442 whp. I never got a baseline before but the same day, literally right before I made my runs a 2015 GT PP put down 386whp with nothing more than a catback exhaust.

Matt

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Im pretty sure they will dyno identical due to the IMRC's opening fully on WOT passed a certain (2500ish maybe?) RPM. I hit up a dyno day with mine operational and put down 450whp followed up by two passes right around 441-442 whp. I never got a baseline before but the same day, literally right before I made my runs a 2015 GT PP put down 386whp with nothing more than a catback exhaust.

Matt
386 is a touch to the high[er] side, generally I think it's around 370-375 for a manual, bone stock, but even if this dyno was reading a little high, a 450 best (and a 441/442 probably with a little heat soak) is pretty fantastic.

Even the lower numbers, with a 4% or so downward correction, is still putting you right at 500HP.

:headbang:

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
386 is a touch to the high[er] side, generally I think it's around 370-375 for a manual, bone stock, but even if this dyno was reading a little high, a 450 best (and a 441/442 probably with a little heat soak) is pretty fantastic.

Even the lower numbers, with a 4% or so downward correction, is still putting you right at 500HP.

Yeah I use track numbers over dyno but was happy to hit up a local dyno day a buddy put together. I was extremely thankful that the near stock 15 showed up, simply to be able to see the difference between his mods and mine! I was HOPING for 430's and was figuring it would come in a tad lower so I was beyond pleased with the results.

Matt

Last edited:

Sponsored

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Yeah I use track numbers over dyno but was happy to hit up a local dyno day a buddy put together. I was extremely thankful that the near stock 15 showed up, simply to be able to see the difference between his mods and mine!

Matt
Yeah that is a big difference between the two thanks for sharing. You don't have headers right? I was going to wait to get headers before getting the manifold but it looks like a nice gain regardless.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah that is a big difference between the two thanks for sharing. You don't have headers right? I was going to wait to get headers before getting the manifold but it looks like a nice gain regardless.
Oh yeah, I sort of just assumed, but I don't see them in the mods in his sig, so wow, yeah, if that's the case, he's got another nice bump in power available.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Keith is right, no headers at that time which is another reason I was beyond happy. I have some longtubes on the way and should have them on in the next week or so, should round out the mods nicely.

Matt

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Keith is right, no headers at that time which is another reason I was beyond happy. I have some longtubes on the way and should have them on in the next week or so, should round out the mods nicely.

Matt
Your car sounded glorious revving to 8100

Sponsored