Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Here's how to do a full upgrade from any previous 3.x version to 18093. This instructions are for NA NAV sync 3 v3.x (you can extrapolate this for non-NAV if you're savvy enough. For sync 3 v2.x or v1.x you'll have to first install the vanilla 18025 from the link below then run through this procedure. For either non-NAV and/or non-NA builds use the appropriate vanilla 18025)

1) download the full 18025 from Ford
2) extract the zip file into a USB key
3) download the shell-only 18093 update from Ford
4) copy the JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz file into the SyncMyRide folder on the USB key (created in step 2)
5) edit autoinstall.lst file on the USB key so that it looks exactly like this:

6) insert the USB key into your car.
How does this install on a Non-Nav car? Also does this update apply to a European Mustang?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Looks like my GPS on the home screen keeps getting the red no symbol through it since the update. It worked fine before I updated. Seems random, but it comes on occasionally. I did a factory reset and its still intermittent. I haven't tested the GPS itself with that red symbol over it, but it doesn't seem to effect it. Anyone else running into this?

Also, my Wi-Fi connectivity is crap. It will sometimes connect, but most times won't. Sometimes it finds networks and sometimes it doesn't. I test all this on my Honda and it works flawlessly.

Tolley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys can anyone help every time I try and download the software update of Ford and try and unzip the file I just keep getting an error message and it won’t unzip ?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I recently updated my 2016 bu usb to 3.0. I do not see the android auto widget in my car that seems to appear in all of the videos I have seen. What do I need to do to get that? Everything else is working fine.

Sponsored

Justoar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Thanks Leszek I did the upgrade to 18093 flawlessly! Just two questions...
1. Android Auto and Waze there works fine. Is it normal that I don't have any apps in the sync 3 menu?
2. Is there a way to update maps? I'm on 1.15. (Sometimes I take android auto off because I use whatsapp voice notes manually...)

Thanks!

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
1. Android Auto and Waze there works fine. Is it normal that I don't have any apps in the sync 3 menu?
You only get apps that are sync enabled in the sync 3 app menu. The list is tiny: sync 3 app list
2. Is there a way to update maps? I'm on 1.15. (Sometimes I take android auto off because I use whatsapp voice notes manually...)

Thanks!
You'd have to buy the update through the dealer I believe.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Thanks!
You have to order the 1.16 update through your dealership. I believe it's $150. NA 1.17 update is already out on production vehicles, but not available to purchase yet.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
You only get apps that are sync enabled in the sync 3 app menu. The list is tiny: sync 3 app list

You'd have to buy the update through the dealer I believe.
They also have a habit of disappearing and sometimes taking a while to work after syncing from the phone.

I'm thinking of finding a good magnetic wireless charging setup for my phone and abandoning Sync apps and android auto.

Sponsored

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
trying to update 18093 keep getting err05 message anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

https://ibb.co/kxrUcd
Yes, your problem is easily solved.

You haven't created a folder called SyncMyRide and copied all of the .GZ files into it.

If you look closely at the autoinstall file, it has a list of the files and the directory that they are in... but on your USB they are not in that directory name.

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Yes, your problem is easily solved.

You haven't created a folder called SyncMyRide and copied all of the .GZ files into it.

If you look closely at the autoinstall file, it has a list of the files and the directory that they are in... but on your USB they are not in that directory name.
Damnit I’m an idiot, do I put all the files in the folder “SyncMyRide” or just the .gz files?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
3rd party navigation apps supported in carplay with iOS12!!!! Look who is in the screenshot, oh hi Google Maps!

f1528134295.jpg