Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I wonder how this will sound if I can combine it with my MBRPs.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I just visited their website (panthera-automotive.com). My first comment is that they are extremely expensive. The price for a V8 or Magna sound ranges from 1590 to 2550 euros, depending on the configuration! Spending all that money simply for a sound generator, I think it’s too much.

Regardless, they don’t seem to have a product for the Mustang on their website, unless it is not updated yet.

Great sound though.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah sound is great! For 1\10th of the price, I could think at it :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I would consider buying their system at 1/10 of the listed price. Otherwise it's a big NO, no matter how great the sound is!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was thinking the same:thumbsup:

I just visited their website (panthera-automotive.com). My first comment is that they are extremely expensive. The price for a V8 or Magna sound ranges from 1590 to 2550 euros, depending on the configuration! Spending all that money simply for a sound generator, I think it’s too much.

Regardless, they don’t seem to have a product for the Mustang on their website, unless it is not updated yet.

Great sound though.
I found several company's selling these system, all relabeled or re-branded to their own like kufatec.de

Yeah sound is great! For 1\10th of the price, I could think at it :)
It's expensive indeed :doh:

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I was at Skytune with my friend today to have his custom exhaust build on his 2016 GT.
While I was there I informed about their Dynojet and a bit about the active sound generators.
Apparently Skytune invented the system along with a company in Germany and was recently awarded for it in Vegas. The others like cufatec are basically the copycats.

That said, I mentioned my plans to install the MBRP exhaust system and as a gimmick add the sound generator.
They advised me against it, in a way that either you get an aftermarket exhaust or the generator, the combination won't be that interesting and most likely the exhaust tone will overrun the generator or vice versa.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Good to know [MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION]. The end result would be a mixed sound indeed and no one knows if this would be pleasant to the ear. Still, it is a very expensive system and I would like to know how many people will invest in it at the end.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Good to know @Notes . The end result would be a mixed sound indeed and no one knows if this would be pleasant to the ear. Still, it is a very expensive system and I would like to know how many people will invest in it at the end.
Well he said they installed a lot of them by now, also on the ecoboost but with the stock exhaust in place. The most common reason they install it is because they are doctors or lawyers and want to be able to shut it off at arrival at the patient or clients house and have some fun sound while driving. Also Tesla seems to be a common car they install it on, I wonder why :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm still tinkering about building or retrofitting a custom exhaust system with 2 sound generators. Just for the basic fact to make the EB sound good, apart from load, raspy, droney etc...

I'm tinkering of the MBRP street instead of the race (for the quietness to come home late at night) and retrofit it with 2 generators before the muffler, so the sound has to travel through them instead of next to them or through the tips.

Just a quick brain-spin :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION], definitely interested in this setup! Post pictures, post information about how you are going to build it, post prices of parts used, post everything :headbang:

Which sound generator system are you planning to use?

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@Notes , definitely interested in this setup! Post pictures, post information about how you are going to build it, post prices of parts used, post everything :headbang:

Which sound generator system are you planning to use?
I will surely do, once I figured it all out... first ill discus it a bit further with the exhaust pro at Skytune. Most likely in March Ill go there to put the car on the dyno before I start tweaking it.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Which sound generator are you going to use?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I found a few so far, yet the guy at Skytune said the kufatec is basically a copy of their technology and didn't recommended it.

Then you have the skytune or pantera build, so most likely this one. But I found a few others as well, yet they all look similar and couldn't make up what brand they are.

I wanna research it a bit more first and see if it's worth the money...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. The only drawback is that they are stupidly expensive.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Yeah. The only drawback is that they are stupidly expensive.
Indeed they are, and dual exhaust means two of those thingies! I'm sure one would be enough when mounted in the spare wheel compartment but I don't wanna drill holes in the under-body. I found a few video's from MAxhaust with 2 units mounted there though, but that's a no go for me!

On a side note, why they installed this on a V8 I don't know!!!
[ame]
Sponsored