Sponsored

Scratch Remover Effective on Rims

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
I was curious if anyone had any suggestions for repairing small, fine scratches on the powder coating of black wheels?

I have a buffer and some scratch removing polishes and such. I have searched and can’t really find any information on the effectiveness of using scratch removing polishes and/or buffers on black powder coated rims.

The scratches do not appear to be deep and honestly look as though they are simply from cleaning/washing the wheels.

Any help or guidance is appreciated!
Sponsored

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
dont put a buffer on powder coating. it can be used at very low settings. The gloss on powder coating is capable of being corrected. Use a finishing polish or a light abrasive and a hand applicator to prevent removing the finish. I would highly suggest not using any Dual Action or speed variable buffers. If anything use a random orbital. And stay away from anything that says compound on it. you want to look for fine polishes. check out autogeek.com they have a great selection and its easy to navigate.

OP
OP
I <3 Boost

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
dont put a buffer on powder coating. it can be used at very low settings. The gloss on powder coating is capable of being corrected. Use a finishing polish or a light abrasive and a hand applicator to prevent removing the finish. I would highly suggest not using any Dual Action or speed variable buffers. If anything use a random orbital. And stay away from anything that says compound on it. you want to look for fine polishes. check out autogeek.com they have a great selection and its easy to navigate.
Great information....thanks!
Sponsored