Sponsored

Is this still the best/legit Extended Service Plan?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Cough Cough, evap core...cough cough. Notorious to fail out of warranty and expensive as hell to replace.

I'm at 33k miles and my intake manifold just bit the dust on me. Luckily, still under factory warranty.
At least those are super cheap :lol:
Sponsored

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
I was wondering why they asked what state. Wasn't aware that some states have laws that require you to purchase ESP from the dealer in the state and at list pricing. Why would the state care?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just turned 34,900 and called the sales rep who sold me my pony, he stated: "You have the extended warranty, don't worry. Now, thank's to this thread, I'll inquire as to which "Plan" I have?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Extended warranty plans are almost always ripoffs. Anything that's going to break under warranty will do so in the first year or two, anything after that will be considered "normal wear and tear" and won't be covered.
The 1980s called, and they'd like their opinions on extended warranties back.

My last two Ford ESPs have paid for themselves plus, covering stuff that broke. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm at 35,801 miles right now. Less than 200 and my warranty expires. Totally starting to feel nervous about not having an extended service plan.
:doh::doh:

We're not talking about an extended service plan. We're talking about an extended warranty.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Be happy you don't live in Florida when it comes to ESP. We have to purchase ours from the local dealer who have to charge you MSRP.

Anyone know of a way around that? It's a law, but most laws have loopholes right? Does the car have to be registered out of state to purchase a plan with an out of state address? Or just the mailing address for the ESP?
My boss... eeerrrr I happen to own multiple out of state homes, didn't have a problem ;).

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Florida has a law like that? Some big dealer down here must have friends in Tallahassee.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
:doh::doh:

We're not talking about an extended service plan. We're talking about an extended warranty.
:crazy:

It's the same thing. It's called Ford ESP or Extended Service Plan.

5a286c1629373.png

I have all of your comments auto-hidden on this forum but every once and a while I expand them to get a good laugh.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm pretty sure a ford sales guy logs on daily to bump this thread. LOL . i'll take my chances.
You do that. So far, my AC pump has failed, have been in four times for faulty mirror motors, seat heater is broken, seat cooler is broken, intake manifold broken. These cars are complex, and repairs cost more than ever.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
:crazy:

It's the same thing. It's called Ford ESP or Extended Service Plan.

I have all of your comments auto-hidden on this forum but every once and a while I expand them to get a good laugh.
Don't miss this comment!!!

Yeah, that was a major special needs moment on my part. Really dumb.

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
I purchased Ford ESP for both our 2013 Taurus SHO and 2013 F350 4x4 DRW Lariat crew cab just before our 36/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty was due to expire based on the 36 month limitation.

Flood Ford was the best price that I found after plenty of research. Local dealers were all twice the price Flood Ford charged.

Do keep in mind that the first 36/36,000 of the ESP are in fact covered under the Ford 36/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty. The actual benefit of the ESP does not begin until either 36,000.1 mile or 36 months which ever occurs first. If you check pricing you will find that if you purchase the ESP before the 12 month/12,000 mark you save $100. After that mark the price is the same until you pass the 36/36,000 B2B warranty expiration.

If you look at it under the KISS Principal it breaks down like this. A 5 year/70,000 mile ESP provides you with an additional 2 years/34,000 mile of paid extended warranty.

To further add to information that you may or may now know. Should you sell your vehicle and apply for a refund of your ESP this amount is pro-rated from the original date and mile of purchase. This means that you are being charged for ESP coverage for the first 36/36,000 even though the vehicle is actually being warranted under the factory warranty period.

As for is the ESP worth the price of admission, it can be a crap shoot. Look at the repair history of like owned vehicles, what the cost of repairs have been and make your choice. In our case on the SHO given the cost of headlights along, toss in the AWD system and history of entertainment system bugs it was a gut purchase. On the F350 with known radiator issues the cost of a new radiator would justify the cost of the ESP alone.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I use geico mechanical breakdown insurance, its cheaper and goes to 100k, way longer than ill have car

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering why they asked what state. Wasn't aware that some states have laws that require you to purchase ESP from the dealer in the state and at list pricing. Why would the state care?
It was written to protect the consumer. How? I have no idea. Maybe by making the consumer pay full price from authorized dealers who lobby the government to pass these kinds of laws. Seems legit to me :crazy:
Sponsored