Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Only a few times has my right turn, right segment, not illuminated during a right turn. The click sounds speeds up as though a light is out.

My plan is to not turn off the signal, and then pull over, and then take a video with my phone. This is to prove to the dealer that it happens sporadically, and then get it covered under warranty (which runs out this September).

I heard there is a "sequencer" circuit that causes the segments to light in succession.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This might help, I don’t understand why dealerships don’t know this.

SSM 45895 - 2015-2016 Mustang Built On Or Before 4/22/2016 - Rear Tail Lamp, Turn Lamp Or Stop Lamp Partial Outage - DTCs B1271, B1272, B1273, B1274, B1275 or B1276.
Some 2015 and 2016 Mustang vehicles built on or before 4/22/2016 may exhibit a partial outage of the rear tail, turn signal or stop lamps following a vehicle start with a low battery. This may be accompanied by any combination of DTCs B1271, B1272, B1273, B1274, B1275 and B1276. The condition typically clears on vehicle restart. Reprogram the BCMB module to the latest calibration using IDS release 101.01 or higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com. Use applicable labor operations from Section 10 of the SLTS manual and use causal part 13C788
Hi everyone, I've been putting up this same intermittent taillight issue for like 2 yrs now. I don't drive the car a whole lot and hate going to the dealer but finally got tired of this happening and made an appt for this morning to work on it.

I told the service writer about SSM 45895, which he couldn't find at all so, I printed out the notes in here for them to review. They acknowledged it looked like a legit SSM but they couldn't find it or anything close today. They thought Ford might have deleted it for some reason.

In any case, they couldn't duplicate the issue (of course) but I told them if they couldn't I'd be willing to pay for a flash of the BCM to see if it fixed it regardless. The tech did that and what got updated and what controls the taillights is the BCMB mobule.

My car has loads of mods, including a FP PP3, and none of that was an issue or got affected that I can tell.

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and give a PSA about the dealer not finding the SSM in case anyone else with a '15/'16 goes in for this in the future.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
[MENTION=16275]SteveW[/MENTION] thanks for updating. I will/should have updated mine as well, ever since I tuned (Lund) mine the issue went away. No clue as to why the tune stopped this unless it has something to do with the resetting involved in loading the tune.

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has still been fine since the original incident

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hi everyone, I've been putting up this same intermittent taillight issue for like 2 yrs now. I don't drive the car a whole lot and hate going to the dealer but finally got tired of this happening and made an appt for this morning to work on it.

I told the service writer about SSM 45895, which he couldn't find at all so, I printed out the notes in here for them to review. They acknowledged it looked like a legit SSM but they couldn't find it or anything close today. They thought Ford might have deleted it for some reason.

In any case, they couldn't duplicate the issue (of course) but I told them if they couldn't I'd be willing to pay for a flash of the BCM to see if it fixed it regardless. The tech did that and what got updated and what controls the taillights is the BCMB mobule.

My car has loads of mods, including a FP PP3, and none of that was an issue or got affected that I can tell.

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and give a PSA about the dealer not finding the SSM in case anyone else with a '15/'16 goes in for this in the future.
Same thing happened to me when I brought mine to the dealer for the same issue a while back. They could not find the SSM in the system, and they could not replicate the issue. However, a couple of weeks later it stopped happening out of nowhere and it has been fine for 3 or 4 months now.

Did the BCMB re-flash seem to fix the issue (although it might still be too soon to tell still)? If mine ever comes back, that will probably be the first thing I will try.

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
My Service advisor said this was a common problem with the mustangs. My issue turned out to be a cracked lens so they wouldn't cover it but he said they have had a number of stangs come through with bad tail lights.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Same thing happened to me when I brought mine to the dealer for the same issue a while back. They could not find the SSM in the system, and they could not replicate the issue. However, a couple of weeks later it stopped happening out of nowhere and it has been fine for 3 or 4 months now.

Did the BCMB re-flash seem to fix the issue (although it might still be too soon to tell still)? If mine ever comes back, that will probably be the first thing I will try.
It's really too early to tell or feel confident. I had the car on a trailer since I had just been through an autocross weekend and probably won't drive it again until this coming weekend. I did make a quick run up and down the highway from the dealership and it was all good on that short trip.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd say my car is working better after the BCMB flash. Multiple restarts today going to/from/at an autocross event and no sign of messed up taillights. I could count on the left side being messed up with similar use in the past.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

The Service Dept’s can’t find that original SSM 45895 because it’s been supercded by SSM 47429 (which is the Official Ford SSM I have attached).

Too bad *some* of the Service Dept Techs can’t think OUTSIDE OF THE BOX... because the S550 taillight from 2015-2017 is the same; all they had to do was just go into their Ford site and select another Model Year and Vehicle Make without using a VIN and wa-la...... they would have found it.
6932DEFC-1B2E-46F6-BA38-C8FE13607765.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good info there. Mine has still been good since the original incident

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
So interesting update on my end. I started having this problem about a year ago and it carried through to this past spring (about 4 months) until I tuned my car. Once tuned the problem went away and I had no issues all summer until just a few weeks ago when I changed the tune in preparation for winter storage. Now in my case I only had this issue in cold weather which puts a strain on the battery. I’m not making a statement either way just sharing my experience so I guess I’ll see what happens in the spring again.

And thanks @Cobra Jet for the update.

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine only happens in cold weather and buying a different taillight didn't do anything. Thanks for the new info, hopefully I can take it in and maybe just maybe get this annoying issue fixed.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Good thread. I am currently going through this annoying problem.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I am now occasionally having this issue. The right bar on the right turn single will go out, but if I restart the car its fine. I am wondering when this happens for others? Mine has never gone out right when I start the car, its always after I have been driving for awhile.
Sponsored