breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you're worried about the volume and seek buttons in theory they should work the same but no one has tried it.
Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Jumping In

1. If you buy the cluster new they program the milage for you free of charge. Otherwise there are services that can change milage for you.... You'll have to send it in yourself.
I called Mike at Autonation and got a parts order going yesterday. This should be a fun mod to make. I prefer the looks of my Magnetic 2017 over the hood and front end of the 2018. 2018 Active exhaust is sure cool though.

Good question about “what if I want to trade my car someday?” Perhaps I would reverse out this mod by removing the 2018 bits and reinstalling my old SCCM and analog cluster. Of course, I would need to get the mileage updated on the old one when/if that time came. Then sell off the 2018 parts. The buyer of a used digital 12” cluster would have to get their mileage set to suit. Somebody (who does this?) will be making some money on resetting the mileage in all those clusters!

UPDATE
parts are arriving at WBL this week. All was in stock except for the gauge bezel. Due on 4/25 or so. I ordered the HA SCCM in hopes of adding a heated wheel later. Mike also ordered me the active exhaust mufflers. Two cool retrofits, same time!

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I called Mike at Autonation and got a parts order going yesterday. This should be a fun mod to make. I prefer the looks of my Magnetic 2017 over the hood and front end of the 2018. 2018 Active exhaust is sure cool though.

Good question about “what if I want to trade my car someday?” Perhaps I would reverse out this mod by removing the 2018 bits and reinstalling my old SCCM and analog cluster. Of course, I would need to get the mileage updated on the old one when/if that time came. Then sell off the 2018 parts. The buyer of a used digital 12” cluster would have to get their mileage set to suit. Somebody (who does this?) will be making some money on resetting the mileage in all those clusters!
You're in luck... I've put the 2018 active exhaust on my car too. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2218131&posted=1#post2218131

You can reinstall everything and send me the cluster for a mileage change lol.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
You're in luck... I've put the 2018 active exhaust on my car too. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2218131&posted=1#post2218131

You can reinstall everything and send me the cluster for a mileage change lol.
Awesome work as always, factory exhaust is way too heavy for me though. At first I thought I would have really liked the active exhaust myself, but the more I thought about it, the more I KNEW I would want to modify the exhaust from factory. I got the SVE all stainless kit, saves almost 50 pounds of weight and sounds nice and loud, all the time. At one point in time I was leaving for work at 530am, which made me want the active setup. Now I leave at 930 so I don't care if I wake anyone up. Like how you set it up though.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Got my Cluster from White Bear today, looks perfect. Says refurbished, but looks new. SCCM and bezel still on backorder. Can't wait. Love that Bar Tach. anyone ever see thx1138? George Lucas's first movie, car in that film had a bar tach. actually, i think it was a temp gauge, but I Always wanted one after that.
He did a remastered version of the film a few years ago. basically like '1984' except no war, and humanity lives underground. a great movie!. released in '71, they filmed most of it in BART befroe it opened to the public. Big names in it. Check it out. :headbang:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066434/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066434/videoplayer/vi3864002585?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Got my Cluster from White Bear today, looks perfect. Says refurbished, but looks new. SCCM and bezel still on backorder. Can't wait. Love that Bar Tach. anyone ever see thx1138? George Lucas's first movie, car in that film had a bar tach. actually, i think it was a temp gauge, but I Always wanted one after that.
He did a remastered version of the film a few years ago. basically like '1984' except no war, and humanity lives underground. a great movie!. released in '71, they filmed most of it in BART befroe it opened to the public. Big names in it. Check it out. :headbang:
One step closer. My cluster was also a reman but the clear lens was covered in micro scratches. Will probably order a replacement lens at some point.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They're brand new even though it says reman. They come in those boxes because thats what you would send the core back in if you had one. Its brand new I promise.

As far as I know you can't just order the plastic dust cover.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
There’s a part number for it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
At least, according to my old employee there is.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
One step closer. My cluster was also a reman but the clear lens was covered in micro scratches. Will probably order a replacement lens at some point.
Can't you just polish it out? If you don't want to do it, I'd bet there's shops around that would return it to you perfect.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't you just polish it out? If you don't want to do it, I'd bet there's shops around that would return it to you perfect.
It's not just a protective film that looks scratched is it? You have a base? Which radio are you running? I'm curious to know if the steering buttons continue to operate all the existing functions of the base sync and radio. Also if your perf pack dash gauges change color with the new cluster.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There is no protective film.

The buttons work fine with base model cars.

The performance package gauges still change color.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I would need to ask.

For a fully optioned 2015 (401A). When you do the cluster swap is there anything that doesn't work?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would need to ask.

For a fully optioned 2015 (401A). When you do the cluster swap is there anything that doesn't work?
If you read the FAQ I explain what the deficits are with SYNC 2. All you lose is the nav and song title in the cluster.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It looks like all my pics disappeared....i'll have to reupload them at some point here...
Sponsored