Sponsored

Please delete posts in Classifieds

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
When you are done with your post here, sold, bought, or found; please delete it! Its really clogged up with things no longer available!

At least let a moderator know it can be deleted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like when posts or prices are deleted personally. I think it is best when the OP is updated to reflect the item is SOLD, but price information should be retained so we can get an idea of prices over time or to compare to see what kind of deal we're getting.

torch2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^ this, it's much better to have sold items left listed and marked as sold as a point of reference for other buyers/sellers.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For how long? There is a lot of ways to see current pricing. You still don't know if the price asked was the price paid.
I hate searching for a part only to find its gone.
So put a time limit on the classified posts, some of these are years old!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For forever? If you search and the post isn't from the last month or so...it is likely sold. I don't see how that's an issue. The search results tell you when the last post was so if you see last post from January or earlier, don't open the thread.

Maybe they could do a sold items subforum but who knows.
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION], thoughts?

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It should be a courtesy. Sellers post things with the expectation that others will visit and perhaps express an interest VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE. And then -- hopefully -- somebody will buy the item(s). It then seems more than reasonable that the seller -- having successfully orchestrated a mutually-beneficial transaction -- will be courteous enough to PUBLICIZE his success by announcing it in the same thread.

This satisfies several objectives; it informs everyone that the item(s) sold...it implies gratitude...and it puts an end to the stream of PM's that the seller has been receiving.

The seller should then LOCK the thread, which emphasizes the "sale ended" aspect of the scenario...and eliminates the possibility of an artificial bump [which unfairly depresses other still-active threads.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree.
Sponsored