Mishimoto's 2015+ Mustang GT Silicone Induction Hose Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got a link please?

I need the sound tube delete, so its handy for that, as long as its not losing me power that is fine. I think its moved the power curve, as such down low feels stronger, resulting in up top feeling weaker, when reality is no change in power, just the curve is moved.

I did just do a 0-100, 10.9s and used 4th gear. My previous best was 9.9s using 3rd gear but that was the GT 350 IM setup and 10.3s using 4th.

So 10.9s does not seem too bad, as I am still used my JDM canned tune, I did not use the no lift feature either which I could of done. Lund are writing me a custom tune as the JDM one starts out at 29 degrees timing between 2000-3000rpm to give the big torque boost Ford/SCT/JDM claim but then it dwindles down to 26-27 degrees and lower at some points. Whereas a Lund tune will hold 29-31 degrees flat across the whole rev range pretty much 4000rpm upwards.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86755
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’m up over 400 wheel hp now with just the Mishimoto tube, a filter, and cat back. That’s a 45 HP and similar TQ gain over stock assuming 15% drivetrain loss. My tuner was floored how much difference the Mishimoto elbow actually made, especially compared to full intake systems that cost 5X as much. The best thing is driveability is KILLER. Stock airbox FTW!

Link: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2219341&postcount=227

I would recommend a tune with more than just the elbow installed, In my case the car started out 5-10% lean in several places before tuning.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I’m up over 400 wheel hp now with just the Mishimoto tube, a filter, and cat back. That’s a 45 HP and similar TQ gain over stock assuming 15% drivetrain loss. My tuner was floored how much difference the Mishimoto elbow actually made, especially compared to full intake systems that cost 5X as much. The best thing is driveability is KILLER. Stock airbox FTW!

I would recommend a tune with more than just the elbow installed, In my case the car started out 5-10% lean in several places before tuning.
Did you get a run in while on the dyno (same day) with the stock elbow by chance?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Did you get a run in while on the dyno (same day) with the stock elbow by chance?
No unfortunately not, but right off the hop the car made 392 which my tuner said is 10-15 more than it should be making, owing most of that to the elbow, as evidenced by the initial AFRs. He’s done hundreds if not thousands of coyote tunes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I'm running this with my Flex fuel tune and it is beastly for NA. Love it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I have been looking into the compatibility with 2018s... It looks like the 2018 induction hose did get a slight revision for 2018 but it looks to be largely centered around a new resonator design. I believe the shape/dimensions and location of the airbox have not changed. Ford even lists the revised induction hose as a replacement part for 2017 GTs. With that piece of information I went ahead and ordered my induction hose. Will report back with results once it arrives!

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking into the compatibility with 2018s... It looks like the 2018 induction hose did get a slight revision for 2018 but it looks to be largely centered around a new resonator design. I believe the shape/dimensions and location of the airbox have not changed. Ford even lists the revised induction hose as a replacement part for 2017 GTs. With that piece of information I went ahead and ordered my induction hose. Will report back with results once it arrives!
I do not believe it will fit. JSR and I saw that the 2018 intake tube and diameter of the intake box is larger. We were going to try and lube it up and try and stretch it. I am not very confident.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I do not believe it will fit. JSR and I saw that the 2018 intake tube and diameter of the intake box is larger. We were going to try and lube it up and try and stretch it. I am not very confident.
Interesting.... I have not seen that reflected in the Ford parts listings. For instance, the 2018 induction hose comes up as a replacement part for the 2017s... If the hose was a larger diameter then I would imagine it wouldn't work as a replacement. If anything I can always try it out and if it doesn't work return it since it will not be a used part. (didn't fit in the first place!) We shall see come next week for me.

Also looks like the 18 only has the PCV system attached and not the smaller hose above it so that will have to be deleted from the induction hose.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just went out and attempted to measure my stock intake/airbox diameter (did not have the proper tools/my caliper arms are to small to fit over the entire diameter). Looks like the portion that the induction hose slides over is about 105mm.

If anyone with a 15-17 can measure theirs then we should have our answer.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As mentioned above I have been working and playing around with the 2018+ intake airbox and tube. I'm hoping there is some potential here for gains and a poor mans PP2! I like the idea of a closed box, and welcome the performance it provides t0 the manner I use my car (road circuit and autox along with DD).

So heres the skinny..... (*cat's getting out of the bag early here!! LOL. I wanted to dyno check before I hit the interwebs)

15-17 Mustnag GT *stock intake/airbox
-Airbox inlet opening to tube.. 94mm
-Tube @ airbox...95mm
-Tube @ middle 86.5mm
-Tube @ TB ...87.5mm

2018+ Mustang GT *stock intake/airbox
-Airbox inlet opeing to tube... 105MM
-Tube @ airbox ..108mm
-Tube @ middle....108mm
-Tube @ TB....90mm

So .... the 2018+ intake tube and airbox is ...
- 11mm larger at the inlet opening to tube
-Tube @ box .. +13mm
-Tube @ middle.. +22
-Tube @ TB...+3mm

Ill measure up the boxes side by side more tomorrow, and see if there are any overall airbox area differences.

Based on testing and dyno results this along with a Mishimoto intake tube and drop in filter, along with a ram air inlet could prove to be a VERY solid intake setup!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned above I have been working and playing around with the 2018+ intake airbox and tube. I'm hoping there is some potential here for gains and a poor mans PP2! I like the idea of a closed box, and welcome the performance it provides t0 the manner I use my car (road circuit and autox along with DD).

So heres the skinny..... (*cat's getting out of the bag early here!! LOL. I wanted to dyno check before I hit the interwebs)

-Tube @ airbox...95mm
-Tube @ middle 86.5mm
-Tube @ TB ...87.5mm

-Tube @ airbox ..108mm
-Tube @ middle....108mm
-Tube @ TB....90mm

-Tube @ box .. +13mm
-Tube @ middle.. +22
-Tube @ TB...+3mm

Ill measure up the boxes side by side more tomorrow, and see if there are any overall airbox area differences.

Based on testing and dyno results this along with a Mishimoto intake tube and drop in filter, along with a ram air inlet could prove to be a VERY solid intake setup!!!
Whoa whoa whoa, the 18 has a 105 mm MAF diameter, or even 108?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

-Tube @ airbox...95mm
-Tube @ middle 86.5mm
-Tube @ TB ...87.5mm

-Tube @ airbox ..108mm
-Tube @ middle....108mm
-Tube @ TB....90mm

-Tube @ box .. +13mm
-Tube @ middle.. +22
-Tube @ TB...+3mm

Well.... Sh*T..... I do not think the Mishimoto will stretch 10mm.... I was hoping for a few mm at most. Looks like I will go ahead and cancel my order. :eek:

Thanks for the dimensions!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Whoa whoa whoa, the 18 has a 105 mm MAF diameter, or even 108?
Yea I can confirm my airbox opening is at least 105mm in diameter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.