Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, lots of people getting Safe and Smart! I didn't expect it to be that common of a package
Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, lots of people getting Safe and Smart! I didn't expect it to be that common of a package
$50K car, might as well tack a small fraction onto it for some quality of life. Especially if the car is going to be a daily driver. I have the same package on the Taurus and it's really nice to have.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those new Mustang owners that have the itch to mod, we are offering 15% off Steeda Manufactured Parts!

Best Regards,

TJ

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
I have those features on my SHO and love them. The Adaptive Cruise is a Godsend in traffic, and BLIS on this vehice is necessary, IMHO. So are the auto high beams and the rain sensing wipers.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have those features on my SHO and love them. The Adaptive Cruise is a Godsend in traffic, and BLIS on this vehice is necessary, IMHO. So are the auto high beams and the rain sensing wipers.
Right on SHO brother!

Sponsored

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
I'm told that the Safe & Smart features are standard on european mustangs too. For $1495 MSRP you get auto lane keeping, auto emergency braking, automagic cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, and blind spot monitoring. Last year that required 201A/401A and another $1200 (if I remember right) and didn't include true emergency braking.

Personally, I got in a minor fender-bender a couple years ago and swore my next car would have a computer's reflexes for stopping. The other features seem like you get pretty close to autonomous cruise, which sounds great for long drives between LA and Vegas, SF, or SD.

Sade2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge, 2016 Focus RS, On order 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm told that the Safe & Smart features are standard on european mustangs too. For $1495 MSRP you get auto lane keeping, auto emergency braking, automagic cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, and blind spot monitoring.
We get parts of the S&S Package here in Europe as standard features. The blind spot monitoring is missing again. Also the memory seats couldn´t find the way in our order books.

I´m a little bit jealous seeing your order and build dates. Me and my best friend ordered 12/06/17 at the same time at the same dealer at the same salesman. I got my VIN 17/01/18 with an EDD 03/22/18. Two weeks ago the EDD went to 03/16/18 and last week the EDD disappeared on Cotus. Ford Performance told me, that my car will be built 02/26/18.

My best friend even don´t have a VIN yet, after more than two months.

I love the hokuspokus, Ford is doing with his customers. :ford:

Last edited:

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
Ah, I see. Yeah, I was pretty surprised by my EDD based on other orders in the thread. I'm still skeptical.

This video (from european testing) has a pretty cool demo of the S&S features starting at 2:26 [ame]

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm not sure but my initial impression of all that is that COTUS just wasn't updated and your car has been making it's way to Alabama over the past 4 weeks. Don't want to give false hope but I'd guess your car will show up much sooner than COTUS is saying.
Well, I checked the palsapp site but still no updates on the JCT info, so I'm guessing they just have it logged in their system but haven't received it at the Birmingham rail yard yet. I hope it gets here earlier than scheduled too...it's basically been a shit show since the car rolled off the line. With my luck it'll have a huge scratch on it or something, too.

Edit: Chatted Ford Performance again, rep said my car was passing through KY as of today, the EDD window is 2/26 - 3/2.

KY isn't that far away, can't imagine it would take a full week from today...

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Well, I checked the palsapp site but still no updates on the JCT info, so I'm guessing they just have it logged in their system but haven't received it at the Birmingham rail yard yet. I hope it gets here earlier than scheduled too...it's basically been a shit show since the car rolled off the line. With my luck it'll have a huge scratch on it or something, too.

Edit: Chatted Ford Performance again, rep said my car was passing through KY as of today, the EDD window is 2/26 - 3/2.

KY isn't that far away, can't imagine it would take a full week from today...
Must be taking the scenic route.

Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Order placed Saturday 2/17 lets see how long it takes to get a VIN...

Sade2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge, 2016 Focus RS, On order 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
After five weeks "In Order Processing", my car went into "In Production". But EDD is still gone :shrug:

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
Add another GT Premium Fastback to the total. My order went in on 2/17.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You got a link? On the Ford website I still only see $1500 off
Maybe it's a regional thing?

Side note, train is passing through Georgia today, Birmingham seems like it would be the next stop. Can't see how the car wouldn't be here later than this weekend, hopefully the 2/26-3/2 window is a very conservative estimate.
cashoffer.png
cashoffer2.png
Sponsored