Sponsored

SOO PISSED

kimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost mustang
So I've had my car 3 weeks and just ordered some migliore strata coating and the day before it arrives I walk out of work to find building maintenance ran sprinkler tests in the middle of the day.
Luckily, there's a detail guy in our complex and building mgt agreed to pay for detailing. However, the spots didn't come out and I have to go back to the dealership for buffing and clay barring. Someone please tell me thats worked for them in the past!
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0474.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are those pics before or after the wash?

OP
OP

kimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost mustang
They’re all from before wash. The full car shot is pre sprinkler incident

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
youre going to have the dealer do the detailing? I would get a reputable shop to buff. clay barring is super easy just keep it clean and surface soapy.

OP
OP

kimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost mustang
It’s an independent business that the dealer uses. I had it hand detailed by someone today but he recommended taking it to someone with a high speed buffer.

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd stay away from having a dealer do it. If it's an independent business I'd see if you can coordinate an appointment without going through the dealer, I've done this for wheel repair, dent removal, etc. and have seen much better results and service, as well as more scheduling flexibility.

If you'd be open to trying it on your own or for future use, I've had great results with white vinegar to remove hard water spots.

Make sure the paint is cool to the touch, hand wash + dry. I use a 3:1 ratio (distilled water to white vinegar) in a spray bottle, wipe clean with a microfiber, then hand wash + dry again.

It's time consuming but it's fairly inexpensive.

:thumbsup:

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
+1 on the vinegar/water mix. It worked some wonders for me on hard water spots. Definitely wax after, it also did a good job removing my sealant.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Only thing I use now on any water spots is the vinegar trick. Works when nothing else does!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
White vinegar works really well. What ever u do, do not let a shop use a high speed buffer to try and remove the water spots. The buffer can actually ride the top of the spots and cause alot of damage from the uneveness of the paint surface from the spots. CLR slightly diluted applied with a non dripping rag works well for extreme spots. It will strip ur wax off but will not harm the paint surface. The worst thing u can do is delay in getting the spots removed. Depending on how bad the alkalinity is, the spots can actually etch the clear coat and then you have a whole other level of pain in the arse. Luckily there are alot more ways to address water spots now then there were 20 years ago. Showing my age. Lol

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
So I've had my car 3 weeks and just ordered some migliore strata coating and the day before it arrives I walk out of work to find building maintenance ran sprinkler tests in the middle of the day.
Luckily, there's a detail guy in our complex and building mgt agreed to pay for detailing. However, the spots didn't come out and I have to go back to the dealership for buffing and clay barring. Someone please tell me thats worked for them in the past!
Yeah, as said a few times, don’t ever ask a dealership about detailing lol. I had them try to remove etching/acid marks from the front of my car and I’m sure the dumbo just did more damage than good because it looked the same. This is before I learned about actual detailing processes.

I brought it to a REAL detailer who actually uses the correct tools, pads, compound, and speed on their tools. They measure the level of the paint with a little laser tool to make sure it is thick enough. Such person can easily remove these spots by probably just a 1 step polishing. If you don’t feel like doing that, I’ve heard of a vinegar trick working but it doesn’t always work. My 2c
Sponsored