Sponsored

is there a way to identify which corsa cat-back I have?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I believe if you look into the tailpipe/muffler the touring mufflers have a perforated section with fiberglass packing and the sport mufflers do not have the perforated section in the mufflers just the sound cancelation technology.

I may be mistaken though. On my touring mufflers there is the sound cancelation ports and a small perforated section inside the mufflers.
They both have the perforated straight through section, but neither has packing, IIRC. The touring mufflers have increased volume for sound cancelation/different start and end points for the RSC, and are also tuned for slightly different tones, which both lowers the volume and changes the tone a little. The reason they are so crisp sounding is because they have been tuned without any acoustic packing.
Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
They both have the perforated straight through section, but neither has packing, IIRC. The touring mufflers have increased volume for sound cancelation/different start and end points for the RSC, and are also tuned for slightly different tones, which both lowers the volume and changes the tone a little. The reason they are so crisp sounding is because they have been tuned without any acoustic packing.
In that case the mufflers are serialized as well and with the serial numbers Corsa should be able to tell which mufflers they are.

I was unsure if the sport mufflers had the perforated part inside the muffler.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
I believe if you look into the tailpipe/muffler the touring mufflers have a perforated section with fiberglass packing and the sport mufflers do not have the perforated section in the mufflers just the sound cancelation technology.

I may be mistaken though. On my touring mufflers there is the sound cancelation ports and a small perforated section inside the mufflers.
Zuki_dan is on the right track. I spoke with my Corsa rep real quick and this is the information he provided for you.

"Will be tough... but, shine a flashlight into it... if you see any perforations in the main pipe it could be sport catback / touring axle back
If it only has a hole in the side (side branch) then it is likely xtreme ca tback / sport axle back

also, but tougher... but they can knock on the case front to back... if it sounds hollow through ought likely xtreme cb / sport ab..
if there is a "dead" spot could be the packed section of the sport cb / touring ab"

I asked if there is a serial number or anything to reference, and he said there could possibly be a white sticker on the muffler if you want to check that as well.

Matt

OP
OP

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
Thanks for the further replies, gentleman. I haven't been on for a few days so I missed them. I'll take a gander with a flashlight and see what I can find. I don't recall seeing any stickers, but i'll double check. I was thinking if there was a serial number, watch it be on top of the muffler and i'll have to unbolt the exhaust to find it.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
is it deafeningly loud? if so extreme.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my vid of the sport axleback. When listening to yours it should be pretty obvious as the touring mufflers are a lot softer.

One thing about Corsa. Their sound is so distinct. Several times I'm tanking up my car and hear a distinct familiar sound. I turn around and there it is. A Mustang driving by.

OP
OP

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
So I had a chance to peek in the muffler with a flashlight, and I only see a single big hole shooting off to one side. No smaller perforations. I'm gonna say I have the extremes.
Sponsored