Sponsored

How much attention do you get with your car?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Well, I did get my first speeding ticket since 2006 the other night...83 in a 70, cop hit me with laser, V1 kindly informed me that I had received a ticket. I don't know why I did this, but I pulled in behind the cop. He didn't appreciate that :) Outside of that, I have no idea, probably...
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Oh..almost forgot...
The every sport car on the road HAS to do SOMETHING to get your attention.
Thats something i dont care much for, i suppose they dying to get their car - seen-

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
I'll chime in here (from my experiences)...

I had a 16GT350 (non-R) in DIB, no stripes. I loved that car, especially the sound. After I picked up my car, I did notice a few stares and the people that did come up to talk to me, either at gas stations or car shows, said something similar (is that a special edition, is that a GT, is that a ground effects kit?).

I never noticed so many other Mustangs, until after I bought mine. There might be days driving to work I would notice 20 Mustangs on the trip. So I figured i would add red calipers and OTT matte black stripes w/red accent. Again, after I added the stripes, I never realized how many other non-Shelby Mustangs had stripes.

A good friend of mine got a black 16 Z06 and that really got stares and thumbs-up on the highway. Less than a month after my buddy got his Z06, I got a great offer to trade-in for a 16 triple black, 3LZ, Z06 w/Z07 package (with yellow calipers). FWIW, I was really surprised that the Z07 package never scraped, yet my 350 scraped everywhere. My Z06 got so many stares and thumbs-ups and just a crazy amount of attention. But I always missed the sound of the 350, so distinct, so special. I remember being so frustrated that I couldn't take the Z06 anywhere with out looking out and seeing people taking pics next to (or even sitting on it to take pics). I also remember noticing that I rarely saw other Corvettes, let alone other Z06s. I can also say, without a doubt, the Z06 was much faster than the 350. Also the removeable top is cool.

After getting pulled over for the second time in the Z06 for the BS reason of not having front license plate, I was fed up. So I traded again and got a 17 OW Raptor SCREW! Haven't been pulled over...yet.

Now every time I go to the Ford dealership I'll see 350s and 350Rs and I miss the sound all over again and maybe I'll bite the bullet and get an 350R this time. But I'll keep my Raptor. I gotta have a truck that I can drive and for the utility. Whatever performance vehicle I get next, it will probably not be a dark color...too much work to keep clean and show-ready!

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Thankfully, the attention from others has been pretty subtle so far. I live in the country with some great roads and that's where I've been spending my time, enjoying the scenery, the sound of the exhaust and the handling.
I've gone to a couple of cruise nights and was surprised at the lack of attention there as well.
I had a guy with his family in tow walking up to his Tesla that recognized my GT350 and paid me a compliment as I walked past them in a parking lot. Other than that I haven't had too much attention.
If you want attention, get a Polaris Slingshot. With one of those you'll get plenty of attention and get to experience the absolute best of human behavior (sarcasm).

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I get compliments on the car almost every time I take it out... And I live close to Boston city; where every second car is an Audi, and every 5th a Porsche.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My Lightning Blue with white stripes seems to get a ton of attention everywhere I go.. I've had guys in Porches giving me thumbs up, people at stop lights rolling down their windows and looking at the car (and I think some are also listening to the exhaust also), and I've had people approach me at a gas station complementing me and asking me about the car (has happened twice in the last 3 months).

The last time I took my wife out to lunch with a lady friend (she had to squeeze in the back seat, lol) we came out to a guy and his GF taking pictures of my car. The guy was very complimentary and said he had not seen a GT350 in person yet, so I showed him the car and started it up and let him hear it also. It was cool to see someone so enthused about the car and my wifes friend was even more impressed by the car after that (hehe).

I'm not convinced an R would necessarily get more attention if the color scheme is the same on both cars as I don't think most people would even know the differences. I know I would personally give an R more attention, however. :)

All of the attention I've had so far has been positive, but I am still careful about where I park it and always try to keep an eye on it if I can.

As far as what model to get, you can't go wrong with either the standard GT350 or the R.. go for which one fits in your budget and don't look back! The R is something special but you're going to pay $20-$30K more for it.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well I'm 72 and have tinted windows on my car (20% all around) Especially driving through Walmart several times have had some very sexy younger ladies give me a thumbs up and a big smile. I'm single oh! just wish I was younger. With the tint they can't really tell I'm older. Ha Ha

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
The 350 gets a ton of positive attention. Grabber Blue with white stripes tends to stick out. Every now and then some asshat in a modded s550/197, Camaro, or Hellcat will do a fly-by to let me know how much faster their cars with FBO are, but it is very rare. I'd say I get one to two thumbs up on most drives.

When I was shopping for my 350 I was also considering a GT-R. I rented one for a week to get an idea of how I'd feel about owning a car without a true manual. Boy did that car get a ton of attention..... mostly from teenage dudes. Total sausage magnet. It was to the point of being obnoxious!

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I stare for as long as i can when i see one on the streets :)

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'll chime in here (from my experiences)...

I had a 16GT350 (non-R) in DIB, no stripes. I loved that car, especially the sound. After I picked up my car, I did notice a few stares and the people that did come up to talk to me, either at gas stations or car shows, said something similar (is that a special edition, is that a GT, is that a ground effects kit?).

I never noticed so many other Mustangs, until after I bought mine. There might be days driving to work I would notice 20 Mustangs on the trip. So I figured i would add red calipers and OTT matte black stripes w/red accent. Again, after I added the stripes, I never realized how many other non-Shelby Mustangs had stripes.

A good friend of mine got a black 16 Z06 and that really got stares and thumbs-up on the highway. Less than a month after my buddy got his Z06, I got a great offer to trade-in for a 16 triple black, 3LZ, Z06 w/Z07 package (with yellow calipers). FWIW, I was really surprised that the Z07 package never scraped, yet my 350 scraped everywhere. My Z06 got so many stares and thumbs-ups and just a crazy amount of attention. But I always missed the sound of the 350, so distinct, so special. I remember being so frustrated that I couldn't take the Z06 anywhere with out looking out and seeing people taking pics next to (or even sitting on it to take pics). I also remember noticing that I rarely saw other Corvettes, let alone other Z06s. I can also say, without a doubt, the Z06 was much faster than the 350. Also the removeable top is cool.

After getting pulled over for the second time in the Z06 for the BS reason of not having front license plate, I was fed up. So I traded again and got a 17 OW Raptor SCREW! Haven't been pulled over...yet.

Now every time I go to the Ford dealership I'll see 350s and 350Rs and I miss the sound all over again and maybe I'll bite the bullet and get an 350R this time. But I'll keep my Raptor. I gotta have a truck that I can drive and for the utility. Whatever performance vehicle I get next, it will probably not be a dark color...too much work to keep clean and show-ready!
Interesting perspective. I have seen as many as 3 C7Z's in the same day. I have yet to see an R in person in the last 3 years. The Z was on my short list but the rarity and stronger resale swayed me to the R.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
YUP! 2 C7 Z06 in my works parking lot now. 1 has the Z07. Guess how many R's? 1, mine!! ; ):headbang::hail::eyebulge:

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
My story is a bit different.
Picked up my 350 in December of 15. I never get anyone to stare, take pics or anything else (not that I care.. the attention would really bug me).
The only time that my car has gotten a thumbs up was when I drove her to the grocery store. Parked in no mans land and left the wife in the car. When I got back she said a car full of people pulled up, gave her the thumbs up and took pictures.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
TONS of attention on the street. People taking pictures, videos, whatever. Hanging out their window to hear it as I pass them, etc. It's frankly pretty silly, lol
Sponsored