NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I just got a new iPhone so I was going to order the new USB port HU5Z-19A387-A from one of the vendors listed on the first page for the 2016 GT CS. When I got to the website, I did a check to see if the part fits my vehicle but the website said it did not. I also tried a 2017 and it said the same thing. Are we sure the HU5Z-19A387-A is the right USB port? I want the single port that goes in the arm rest console.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a new iPhone so I was going to order the new USB port HU5Z-19A387-A from one of the vendors listed on the first page for the 2016 GT CS. When I got to the website, I did a check to see if the part fits my vehicle but the website said it did not. I also tried a 2017 and it said the same thing. Are we sure the HU5Z-19A387-A is the right USB port? I want the single port that goes in the arm rest console.
on first page theres a tutorial video on how to install the hub? there he shows the box of the hub with the same part number at 1:01 mark:headbang:

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I had the same issue. I went to a local dealer and asked for the correct part. They sold me the HU5Z-19A387-A.

The issue is that it is an optional part. My original USB port was defective so I asked if they would warranty with the updated part. They said it is not an updated part # but an optional part. They would warranty with a replacement original. I don't have an iPhone but I installed it anyway to keep it whole and up to date. I installed it myself and it fixed my previous problems where the phone connected and then immediately disconnected. So it at least works with the car but someone else can confirm the Apple car play part.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Ok, I just got my car play USB port and I'm getting ready to update the hardware and software but I have some questions. I went on the Ford owner site and downloaded the Sync update. I followed the instructions on the website and moved the 3 files to my USB drive. I don't have Nav but I seem to remember that the pre release version needed to be done in multiple steps. Is that not the case anymore with the official release? Anything else that I need to know/do before starting the update?

Also, some of the information I found online mentioned that this update could be done automatically via Wifi. Is that not recommended? I know that it would only download when I'm close to my Wifi router but does the car need to be on to receive the updates or does it also download when the car is off? Just curious on whether I should enable the automatic updates.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it possible to downgrade? Sync 3 3.0 is a heaping pile of shit for me. Keeps bugging me about joining wireless network and radio is always defaulted to off while starting car.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just got my car play USB port and I'm getting ready to update the hardware and software but I have some questions. I went on the Ford owner site and downloaded the Sync update. I followed the instructions on the website and moved the 3 files to my USB drive. I don't have Nav but I seem to remember that the pre release version needed to be done in multiple steps. Is that not the case anymore with the official release? Anything else that I need to know/do before starting the update?

Also, some of the information I found online mentioned that this update could be done automatically via Wifi. Is that not recommended? I know that it would only download when I'm close to my Wifi router but does the car need to be on to receive the updates or does it also download when the car is off? Just curious on whether I should enable the automatic updates.
if auto updates are turned on the update will run with the veh off as long as wifi is turned on and connected when you shut off.

Is it possible to downgrade? Sync 3 3.0 is a heaping pile of shit for me. Keeps bugging me about joining wireless network and radio is always defaulted to off while starting car.
Agreed. My AA is super buggy and cuts in and out of connection and I don't really see anything worth keeping it for on a non-NAV

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I noticed mine disconnects when my reverse camera is on. Then it reconnects once I am out of reverse.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agreed. My AA is super buggy and cuts in and out of connection and I don't really see anything worth keeping it for on a non-NAV
sounds like you need to try a different cable.........

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I noticed mine disconnects when my reverse camera is on. Then it reconnects once I am out of reverse.
I have a brand new 2017 Fusion SE with SYNC3 that does this as well.

Danman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mine defaults to stereo off too. I use it with carplay 99% of the time so its not much of an issue right now.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Update complete!

Thanks for the info. I think I will just stick with the official 2.2 version.
I updated to the official 2.2 update for my non nav system and everything went off without a hitch. Downloaded the files from my Ford owner account. Copied the files to my 32 gig USB drive. Started the car and inserted the USB and the display said updating system software. Took about 15 mins and it said installation complete and then automatically rebooted. After that it said updating system software again. About 10 minutes later, it came up and said the installation was complete and I could remove the USB. Turned off my car for a while and when I started it back up I checked and it said I was running V2.2. Replaced my arm rest USB port with the new CarPlay port and when I plugged my iPhone in it asked if I wanted to use CarPlay and then it started to work. Actually the only real problem I ran into was trying to report back my update to Ford on my Ford owner account. When I tried, it said it was unable to do it and I should try again later. Other the that, everything went as planned.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

Ive not been keping up with the thread, BUT: Isn’t the firmware we are using a Lincoln firmware package? If so, yeah, I would think the ford sync account may have a problem accepting that.
Sponsored